Cab owners - How well does your A/C work?

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #1  

Poopdeck Pappy

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE Cab, Kubota BX23, Kubota BX2660, Grasshopper 729BT
For those of you who have a cab on your tractor, how well does your air conditioner work? Please say which make/model you own.

I'm close to buying a cab tractor, and I've tried a few that seem to have weak air conditioning. These have been new tractors, not used ones.

It makes me wonder whether the a/c will keep up in real world conditions in the hot Texas summers we have. I understand that if it's 110 degrees outside, the a/c isn't going to keep it 65 degrees in the cab. But a couple I tried made me doubt whether they would keep up if it was 95 degrees outside, and that would be a real problem.

I originally posted this question in the Kubota forum, and then realized I should have posted it here since I'm considering several brands of tractors. Sorry for cross-posting.

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #2  
I already mentioned our Kubotas in your other thread, our previous tractor, a Case CX80 it would freeze you out in SEMO summers of high humidity and 90+ temps sometimes over 100.

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #3  
2012 Kioti DK45. Extremely well. I sometimes need the wipers on for the condensation that forms on the glass. I've never been in weather it could't keep up to and that I didn't have to turn it down. I have 4 vents on the front windsheild and 4 on the sides/back.

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #4  
Even in the fishbowl of my JD5083 it stays around 80 degrees in the texas sun. More important to me, it keeps out the dust and pollen when mowing. Good luck with yours

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #5  
I own 3 cab tractors. An '80 model Ford, a '93 model JD and a '11 model Kubota. All the AC's will keep you comfortable BUT one needs to remember that these aren't highway vehicles so the condenser,radiator & filters need to be kept CLEAN. Another thing to consider is the amt of glass in the cabs. I did own a Kubota M4900 that the AC was marginal at best.

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #6  
My A/C works great had 30 degree (about 90f) and I have to turn it down. When I initially start it up and the cab is massively hot and stuffy, I turn the fan to max and it will purge the cab and will be cold really fast. Oh and mine is a 2013 5115M

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #7  
I have a 2011 DK45 HST cab and both the heater and a/c work amazingly well. It was 98F yesterday outside, and i was too cold in the cab. I had to turn the fan down to the lowest setting, and even advance the temp towards the red some.

In the winter, i can snow plow in a t shirt.

I really dont know why i waited so long to get a cab.

Now add the radio, the wipers, and a;ll is good

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #8  
96' Landini 85F Advantage= Keeps up quite well, as long as the crud and dust is kept out of the condenser, and the HEPA filter is replaced every season.
When it's in the 90's, with our typical high humidity, it keeps the cab around 76 on full blast. Lots of heat comes off the tranny though, so the poor thing is at a disadvantage anyhow. Recirculating cab air works best, to keep from choking filters early. It works decent for an older design.

07' Deere 5425N= Icy cold, and able to beat even the last heat wave and humidity. Can be run at 3/4 even on the hottest days, after a good purge of hot air on full, for ten Min. or so.

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #9  
My 4520 is comfortable year round and the hvac performs well. I should mention that some of the posters in the past have had their windows tinted to reduce the heat gain in the cabs. Might help any number of tractors in the bright sun of Dallas.

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #10  
I just bought a 2013 New Holland T4.75 Powerstar. The AC works extremely well, has 2 blower fans and 10 outlets. If I turn the AC on full cold, blower setting on 2, I get too cold inside with outside temp at 95F and 90% humidity.