Nuther ?

/ Nuther ? #1  

Sprocket1

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD2305 JD5205
This may be the wrong place to post this, but anyway. We all know that a two wheel tractor with a FEL always pushes to load the bucket. A MFWD sometimes pushes and sometimes pulls the bucket to load it. Now, with that said, does a horse (with full time 4wd BTW) push or pull a plow?

/ Nuther ? #2  
That totally depends on how big the horse is, how much grain the horse has been fed and what direction the barn is to your location. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Nuther ? #3  
Why do people ask questions like this? It's going to keep me thinking all night. One time crossing a creek I had to grab a horse's tail and he definitly pulled me across and I suppose a cowboy roping a calf and tieing the rope to the saddle horn is in pulling mode but to look at the horse pushing against the collar ....

/ Nuther ? #4  
<font color="blue"> A MFWD sometimes pushes and sometimes pulls the bucket to load it. </font>

How can this be, if the loader is in front of the front wheels?

I can't imagine how my MFWD tractor could pull the loader into anything... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My tractor always pushes the loader bucket to load it from what I can see... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Nuther ? #5  
A horse pushes the plow.....The big breast collar that is around the neck of the horse is pushed on. If the horse was pulling it all attachments to the animal would have to be behind the rear wheels I mean legs. We had a FEL for a Little Ford 8N that was a pull type. The main attachment to the trator was at the 3pt hitch.....thus it pulled the FEL. How is that for my engineering skills. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Nuther ? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( thus it pulled the FEL. )</font>

Don't you mean REL.. is FEL refers to front end.......

Soundguy

/ Nuther ? #7  
No it is a FEL....but there are long pipes that supported the FEL like a sub frame that attatched to the 3 pt. It was not a rear dump box. It really was a piece of junk though......I think it was made for another tractor and at some time someone re-engineered it to work on the 8N.

/ Nuther ? #8  
A horse pulls a plow, he pushes the harness

/ Nuther ? #9  
You got me there! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Nuther ? #10  
He's pulling it. If he was pushing it, it would be in front of him.

Steve