RATCHET RAKE TODAY // FEL Bucket Attachment

/ RATCHET RAKE TODAY // FEL Bucket Attachment #41  
Did you contact them to see what they thought? I'd bet the poor thing didn't get any heat treatment during mfg.
Jim

No I have not called them. I think I bought it a year of so ago, no longer have a recipt. It is what it is.

/ RATCHET RAKE TODAY // FEL Bucket Attachment #42  
Wow, I've used mine for the last 3years on my 1000ft crushed stone and stone dust ledgepack and see none of the same wear. I do garage my equipment. I have had to replace my ratchets due to digging rocks out of my road ditches.

Attachments

• image-3691014055.jpg
    image-3691014055.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 210
   / RATCHET RAKE TODAY // FEL Bucket Attachment #43  
No I have not called them. I think I bought it a year of so ago, no longer have a recipt. It is what it is.

I would still contact them. Receipt would seem unimportant, I doubt there are imitation ratchet rakes out there, they will know its theirs :). Squeaky wheels are the loudest but this is the first time I can recall seeing a failure/complaint of this nature for a ratchet rake out of the hundreds? that must be in TBN visitors hands which suggests this is a very uncommon occurrence. If it were my company I would want to find out why your rake experienced what certainly appears to be accelerated wear.

/ RATCHET RAKE TODAY // FEL Bucket Attachment #44  
I would still contact them. Receipt would seem unimportant, I doubt there are imitation ratchet rakes out there, they will know its theirs :). Squeaky wheels are the loudest but this is the first time I can recall seeing a failure/complaint of this nature for a ratchet rake out of the hundreds? that must be in TBN visitors hands which suggests this is a very uncommon occurrence. If it were my company I would want to find out why your rake experienced what certainly appears to be accelerated wear.

Totally agree. Of the 22 reviews on TSC that I saw 21 have five stars and 1 gave 4.
I love mine.

/ RATCHET RAKE TODAY // FEL Bucket Attachment #45  
Bumping this post so others can see the pics

/ RATCHET RAKE TODAY // FEL Bucket Attachment #46  
Wow Tomtint, maybe yours missed a heat treat. That is crazy wear.

/ RATCHET RAKE TODAY // FEL Bucket Attachment #47  
Wanted to says thx for ratchet rake suggestion. It痴 really a great tool for a number of things, so far.

I bought it to clear what I call weedy trees, various 1-3 dia nasty trees. I found, in my case, it wasn稚 great at that, kept leaving 3-4 ft trunks. I hired a guy to mulch 3 acres, ticks and deer etc can have the rest, and be done with it, too much rain to do that now.

The attachment straps are ok, imho, but I saw on u tube a guy used turn buckles? which I might go to. I have it on an extra QA bucket so I might just drill holes and bolt it on?

It痴 great at clearing overgrown weeds, bushes, brush, blackberrys etcetc. The right tool for the job. Digs big rocks out and root balls that look like 5 ft spiders! It痴 so much faster than back hoe. Also I can push around the black dirt once I yank the roots and stumps out. I have 2600 ft of gravel drive and am learning how to use the rake on it.

Still very much a rookie but today, after 4 days of tearing stuff up with the rr, I had the thought, this is a 13 year old boys dream!

Dollar for dollar, probably the best attachment yet. Thx again!

/ RATCHET RAKE TODAY // FEL Bucket Attachment #48  
Wanted to says thx for ratchet rake suggestion. Itç—´ really a great tool for a number of things, so far.

I bought it to clear what I call weedy trees, various 1-3 dia nasty trees. I found, in my case, it wasn稚 great at that, kept leaving 3-4 ft trunks. I hired a guy to mulch 3 acres, ticks and deer etc can have the rest, and be done with it, too much rain to do that now.

The attachment straps are ok, imho, but I saw on u tube a guy used turn buckles? which I might go to. I have it on an extra QA bucket so I might just drill holes and bolt it on?

Itç—´ great at clearing overgrown weeds, bushes, brush, blackberrys etcetc. The right tool for the job. Digs big rocks out and root balls that look like 5 ft spiders! Itç—´ so much faster than back hoe. Also I can push around the black dirt once I yank the roots and stumps out. I have 2600 ft of gravel drive and am learning how to use the rake on it.

Still very much a rookie but today, after 4 days of tearing stuff up with the rr, I had the thought, this is a 13 year old boys dream!

Dollar for dollar, probably the best attachment yet. Thx again!

I just used mine to clear out some brush and buckthorns, I was able to yank most of it out with it. The rest I got with the backhoe and thumb.

I've used the RR for a few years now. I learned a couple things with it, like sometimes just rolling into brush is not going to yank it out, you'll just flatten it down. You gotta play around with it then, like sometimes raising the bucket a little bit as you make contact with brush, it will grab it a little bit, and then at that angle the bottom teeth may grab it too. Also, just curling the bucket will do a similar thing sometimes, but then keep it low so that the bottom teeth are scraping the ground.

Basically, if the brush is stubborn to come out, don't just plow into it. Just roll in a little bit, see if stuff is catching in the teeth, if not you could try the other stuff.

With trees I guess depends what type of tree and it's root system. I've taken >4" buckthorns out with it it's roots, but not in one pass. I had to hit then from different angles a few times.