Tractor insurance- I'm not covered by homeowners...

/ Tractor insurance- I'm not covered by homeowners... #11  
Neighbor covered under homeowners drove tractor to another neighbor's to pick up an implement. While there a hose failed, oil sprayed onto the exhaust manifold, heat started a fire, totally destroyed. His insurance covered only the fire call to extinguish the blaze - he was stuck with full tractor loss.

I have a farm policy that overs me doing custom work, working on our 3 farms, and tractor theft up to 200 miles from home (they increased this because dealers are becoming fewer and further between so coverage from theft or damage at dealership. Limitation for me is farm 4 is 680 miles away and I sometimes use my mini-excavator there = no coverage.

/ Tractor insurance- I'm not covered by homeowners... #12  
When I called up my insurance agent and described what I needed (full coverage on the tractor to cover the loan in case of total loss), he wrote me an Inland Marine policy. It doesn't provide any liability at all, so if I'm doing a neighbor a favor, I'm out of luck on damages, but the loan will get paid regardless.

/ Tractor insurance- I'm not covered by homeowners... #13  
   / Tractor insurance- I'm not covered by homeowners... #14  
I have an inland marine policy on my tractor for 10K...
I think that the premium is $175 or so a year...
Don't hold me to that number but I think it is correct...

/ Tractor insurance- I'm not covered by homeowners... #15  
I agree with having KTAC and have had them since 2010. They cover all of my John Deere equipment.tractor plus Polaris, barn, generator and other items. Full replacement and all perils without exception. Low price for coverage.
Jim
Contact KTAC the Kubota insurance you normally buy with your new Kubota.. They covered my Kioti DK35se.. See if they will do it for you.. its somewhere around $200 year.

Here is the link, I had their insurance on my Kubota, and when I traded it I asked if they would cover the Kioti.

http://ktacinsuranceagency.com/

/ Tractor insurance- I'm not covered by homeowners... #16  
I have a New York Mutual, inland marine policy covering $22,000 on my tractor, $500 Deductible, costs about $100/ year

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Tractor insurance- I'm not covered by homeowners... #17  
Another thing you can do is add a 'recreational' rider on your home owners policy. It covers snowmobiles, ATV's, personal unlicenceable vehicles operated off your property for libility... won't fix your ride, just help if someone tries to sue you. Everyone that drives off their property should have something to cover their arse, even if it is just a thin sheet.

/ Tractor insurance- I'm not covered by homeowners... #18  
I just had a conversation about this topic with my homeowner's policy provider. My tractor and a few attachments have been listed as line items on our policy since we got the tractor in 2006. Over the year, I've bought several more attachments and added them to the policy yesterday. We have a $1000 deductible on the policy and the added items were about $4 per $1000 of added coverage.
The base policy covers "normal" personal items, which includes my chainsaw, lawnmower (pretty much everything in my shed), but not the tractor and its attachments. Liability is also covered, as long as I don't license the tractor for road use or use it commercially.
BOB

/ Tractor insurance- I'm not covered by homeowners... #19  
My homeowners policy(State Farm) covers my tractor for everything that my home is covered for - when the tractor is on my property. Off my property - the coverage is nada. I know my State Farm agent had to talk to corporate regarding this coverage - so, they must not get asked this often. State Farm does not have any type of separate coverage for farm equipment. I've never asked my neighbor -BIG farmer - who covers all his equipment - but I know he would have coverage.

/ Tractor insurance- I'm not covered by homeowners...
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! :thumbsup:
The Kubota insurance people you recommended called me back- that appears the most comprehensive deal- they cover fire, accident, theft etc- will trailer it to a dealer, you can use rig on or off property all for around $300 USD a year for 20K replacement value equipment and 324 a year for 25 to 27K which is about where I'm at.
I will likely yell at Allstate first since they can write coverage if they chose but common opinion is they don't know how, at least at the local level. They have all my insurance- vehicle, business, multiple property so I need them to dance when I ask!