How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck?

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, KubotaL4300, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I bought a farm truck that is in remarkably good shape with the exception of a problem from one mouse that got into the cab last winter at his farm. As you can see in the photo, the seat is really nice except the spot where the mouse chewed, nested and later expired. The cab is really immaculate, looks almost new and there are no carpets and no other damage of any sort. It looks hospital clean--well, almost. Just the one mouse spot--see photo.

My plan is to take the seat back off and place it in the sun to kill whatever smell the sun can kill. Then I figure to spray some sort of something on the mouse spot that will neutralize that smell of mouse urine. Any advice would be helpful on getting rid of the smell. Thanks in advance. :)

023.JPG

See how clean interior is? It's a 1967.

024.JPG

Chewed and nested spot. I believe this is the only area that smells.

Last edited:
   / How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #2  
Lets see more of that truck!

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #3  
Maybe some fabreeze?

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #4  
Spray the underside hole area with bleach, buy a box of fabric dryer sheets put several near the hole and some more under the seat

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #5  
and/or coffee grounds. Better yet, spill a cup of Starbucks on the seat.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #6  
Open a fresh can of coffee(I use Maxwell House), and dump some on there. I would also unbolt the seat and turn it over in the truck first though. And close the truck doors for a day or so.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #7  
Bleach might wreck the paddign and/or upholstery so test a small spot first. I recommend 1 part white vinegar to one part water in a spray bottle. Soak the s#*$ out of it and yes, put it in the sun. White Vinegar does all kinds of cool stuff, it's cheap and earth friendly :) yes, your project will smell like a giant pickle, that will go away when it dries up. The same mix gets out all kinds of stains too (sorry, not grease or rust), I use it all over my house. I think there's some website where there's way more info. I'm kinda new here so idk if it's ok to post that stuff or not...

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck?
Lets see more of that truck!

004.JPG

It's a Ford N600 1967 "cab-forward" and not a "cab-over" even though it's a snub nose. 10,000 miles. Same cab as a regular truck but it's way up in the air. The tag axle is going away this week and the frame is going to get cut and spliced from a 183" wheelbase to 123"and become a giant pickup truck.

Have a Dodge dually bed ready. Maybe drop a couple springs out of the leafs. It has a 300 cu in Ford super duty 6 cylinder that I had planned to change but after learning more of the engine plan to run an Offenhauser intake manifold with small 4 bbl, headers and a cam. Maybe port and polish the head. Maybe supercharge. Probably paint red. Add gooseneck ball.

It will look like this when done, unless plans change. Cool?

FORD N EDIT.jpg

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #9  
Real cool!

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #10  
My gosh does that truck have some posibilitys. Wish you lived closer. would like to help on that one, ford blue to boot!