How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck?

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck?
I had been waiting for six of my closest friends to show up to put the bed on but never could get more than three at a time. I finally did it myself with my Harbor Freight two ton engine hoist and it took all of a couple minutes. Rolled it right into place.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #102  
That thing is a beast! I know what you mean about one mod leading to another. That's just the way it is when modifying old trucks. Shortening that truck involved all the frame work, new brake lines, new fuel lines, modified wiring, shortened drive shaft, exhaust, the list never ends!

Speaking of the Ford 300 HD: I love the 300 HD 6 cylinder! A very long time ago, I bought a 1967 F100 long bed pickup truck that the previous owner had installed a bored/ported/polished/decked 300 in. (Not sure if Ford actually offered that motor in the pickup line?) Any way it had a Offy intake with a modified Holley sitting on top, headers and a Ford Dura -Spark ignition from a later model truck. The body was rusted, beat to **** and painted in several colors of green over top of the original white. Three speed on the column to boot, full bench seat. Wife had a love/hate relation ship with that truck... :D Loved it when we were sitting next to each other driving down old country roads looking for a place to park ;), hated it when she had to drive it cause her Camaro was broke down.

At the time I had no idea that what I had bought was a poor mans race truck. I was 23 and just needed a way to get to and from work. I paid $600 for that truck and never had so much fun with a vehicle! That 300 would pull stronger by far than my grand dads 1972 F100 with the 360 FE engine. (That engine was only rated for 153 HP!) I don't know how many sets of rear tires I went through while I had that truck! Granted the tires I bought back then were all used tires to begin with, but still.... It was just so hard not to leave twin black streaks when pulliing out. :laughing: Ended up giving that truck to my younger brother who ended up totaling it. Sold the engine to a man who put it in another Ford pickup.

Anyway, can't wait to see the finished project, good luck!

The 300 Ford HD engine is really a beast of torque. Many do not realize it's still in use in many UPS trucks. My N600 Ford with that engine was rated at 19,800 GVW.

The Offy intake manifold is widely available and that's my plan along with a small four bbl carb. I'll add headers, a better fuel pump and electronic ignition. It's all just for giggles because it's registered as a historic vehicle. Groceries are all it will transport.

There must be a lot of these engines around and considering their potential I think it's only a matter of time before they start showing up in home built hot rods.

Final word on removing mouse smell is Lysol. A spray can works but won't reach all the nooks and crannies so you need a spray bottle and pour some from a jug and spray with that. It is the only product that got the smell out. Kept it out too.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #105  
Real vanilla extract in a shallow pan.....

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #106  
A dead cat:thumbsup:

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #107  
I noticed this old thread with the new post. Very nice ride and it was interesting to read about it.
Mouse is no fun to get rid of but a pest control person told me years ago that lavender oil (from a health food store) works very well for smell and is a repellent also as mice always find where others were and the cycle starts over. I had that issue with a tractor years ago. I forget the mixture but I am sure google would know.
This information is no good on this old post but could help in future problems with mice and the smell.

Al

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #108  
Best thing I have used and it gets rid of skunk smell too is 1 bottle of hydrogen peroxide, 1 cup baking powder, and a table spoon of soap. - you can leave the sop out and just spray it around. For washing a dog put the soap in.

Hope this helps

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #109  
Baking powder or baking soda? Just want to clarify as that sounds like a good formula. Dish soap, laundry soap, liquid, powder, brand???

And so is the lavender good. And it smells purty too! We use it frequently.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #110  
Baking powder or baking soda? Just want to clarify as that sounds like a good formula. Dish soap, laundry soap, liquid, powder, brand???

And so is the lavender good. And it smells purty too! We use it frequently.

OOPS Baking Soda

As for soap any soap you want, or none at all - it works either way - for the dog I use dog shampoo. I keep and old dish soap bottle big enough for the mixture handy. Makes it easy to apply to a squirming German Shepard that hates water. We wash her in the shower, then spray the walls down with a second batch - no mess, no smell.

I had a skunk spray under my deck, so I put the mix minus the soap in a pump up sprayer and went to work - did great