How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck?

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #11  
sixdogs....Be Careful....I saw an episode of Ice Road Truckers on TV last year and one of the truck drivers had mice in his truck that he was unaware of and in cleaning the droppings out he again did not realize he was breathing the dust from their poop....There is a deadly virus that is 90% fatal...you might have seen it on TV from the deaths of folks that stayed in the tents in a federal park out west....It is called the Hatti virus or something like that.. So wear a mask a be real careful in cleaning things up...don't forget mice are shape shifters..they can burro clear into the stuffing on the seats and drop their poop in the seats and then you breathe that on an on going basis...not good.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #12  
Hantavirus is spread more by fecal-oral, or urine-oral route. So, be sure you were gloves, or don't tough your mouth or mucous membranes, before THOROUGHLY washing your hands. I am not usre just how common the virus is, but the thought of eating rat manure or pee, is disgusting, either way.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #14  
I saw the thread title and came in to post a health warning, but see Brin and farmgirl have already covered the point. Be aware though that rodents like mice and rats carry other serious diseases too. If you can still smell it, then the chances are there was more than one. Advice from some health professional is probably appropriate.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #15  
I know running over a skunk is effective for a long time.

On a serious note the health issues can be real as posted.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #16  
My father had a 03 anniversary vet convertable. It was kept in his garage and seldom driven, not at all in the last 3 years. Well, mice found their way into the wireing harness, fan blower,frame,above the gas tank and under the center console. The smell was awfull, so bad it was impossible to drive with the windows up. I spent hours and hours cleaning, and removing all areas I could find that had evidence of mice and the smell did not go away. Ended up calling the insurance company and they totaled the car.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck?
Thank you for all the good advice.

I'm aware of the mouse virus thing and wear rubber gloves at all times where there appears to be a risk. I wash my hands multiple times a day and never consciously touch mucous membrane. One cold in 15 years, I'll add.

As mentioned, I'm not sure how widespread it is so I'm very careful. There's nowhere to burrow on this seat because the seat covering is so thin so I feel a good disinfectant and sunlight is my most practical choice.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #18  
A good enzymatic cleaner, such as "Urine Off", by Thorne, would probably help too, as it should help break down the odor. They also make a product called "Skunk Off" for use on dogs after they have been sprayed by a skunk. Works better than anything I've ever tried to use, and I like their products.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #19  
View attachment 330200

It's a Ford N600 1967 "cab-forward" and not a "cab-over" even though it's a snub nose. 10,000 miles. Same cab as a regular truck but it's way up in the air. The tag axle is going away this week and the frame is going to get cut and spliced from a 183" wheelbase to 123"and become a giant pickup truck.

Have a Dodge dually bed ready. Maybe drop a couple springs out of the leafs. It has a 300 cu in Ford super duty 6 cylinder that I had planned to change but after learning more of the engine plan to run an Offenhauser intake manifold with small 4 bbl, headers and a cam. Maybe port and polish the head. Maybe supercharge. Probably paint red. Add gooseneck ball.

It will look like this when done, unless plans change. Cool?

View attachment 330203

Good Evenin Sixdogs.
Wow thats going to be an awesome project, really like the red also !

Keep us updated, and thanks for those pics, I would love a project like that ! :)

Air brakes on that beast or juice ?

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck?
A good enzymatic cleaner, such as "Urine Off", by Thorne, would probably help too, as it should help break down the odor. They also make a product called "Skunk Off" for use on dogs after they have been sprayed by a skunk. Works better than anything I've ever tried to use, and I like their products.

farmgirl--what do you think of the advice below? Sunlight, vinegar and a little bleach? I think I have some urine off from an earlier tragedy but I'm not positive.

Bleach might wreck the paddign and/or upholstery so test a small spot first. I recommend 1 part white vinegar to one part water in a spray bottle. Soak the s#*$ out of it and yes, put it in the sun. White Vinegar does all kinds of cool stuff, it's cheap and earth friendly :) yes, your project will smell like a giant pickle, that will go away when it dries up. The same mix gets out all kinds of stains too (sorry, not grease or rust), I use it all over my house. I think there's some website where there's way more info. I'm kinda new here so idk if it's ok to post that stuff or not...