How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck?

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck?
Look at the original 1967 brakes on it.

005.JPG

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #82  
sixdogs, I have no desire whatsoever to become involved in the restoration, or even repair, of trucks nor anything else mechanica. I need to have a tractor and a vehicle to get into town for domestic and farm supplies. It ends there.

I purposely put in a break there to let people think up their replies.

I have followed this thread from the beginning because of the title. I am enjoying it. You have made it very informative and interesting. I look forward to each new photo you show. I still have no desire to become involved, but I can appreciate the passion you have for this project - and that others have for similar projects. I am sure it will end up as something spectacular.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #83  
It's hard to see where you shortened the frame but it looks good. I would get a few pieces of old frame and weld a plate on both sides for additional support.

Thanks, OldMc, I needed a compliment right now. The truck should have been drivable this afternoon but there is a problem in the brake line right front. I replaced everything in the brakes and lines but could not find front brake hoses. Since they were in great shape I decided to leave them and find a pair over the winter. The parts are out there but not easy to find.

Anyway, one line doesn't work right and I might as well replace both fronts now. I have had to search brake lines individually on the internet tonight and there must be be 100,000 sizes and types. I've been at it for a few hours and maybe have found the right parts. That's the kind of stuff you do with older vehicles.

I did go to DMV and register it today so I'm street legal and ready to hit the road. The water pump and hoses need to be changes asap so that's on the list as well. The bed needs to have some mounting holes tig welded shut and a few other things need to happen as well. Anyway, I've been doing this stuff forever and just can't stop.

It's hard to see where you shortened the frame but it looks good. I would get a few pieces of old frame and weld a plate on both sides for additional support.

Forgot --duh--to take a picture of the "fishplate" that's welded to the inside of the frame. It's a frame within a frame and done right. The plates cost me $150 to have made and bent. It will get bolted as well but I need to get it home for that since I can drill a hole as good as the next guy. That frame isn't going anywhere.

EDIT---The piece of frame I took out is in the background of this photo. In the front is the "tag" axle that was on the truck and is now for sale with tires and wheels. It would also make one heck of a trailer.

008.JPG

Last edited:
   / How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #86  
Take the brake hose to the parts store and see if you can match it up.

Take the brake hose to the parts store and see if you can match it up.

Not around these parts. The dummies at the chains can't do anything vehicle-related unless you repeatedly tell them the year and make. Not a prayer of getting them to open a parts book or figure anything out and that's why they're working where they are. I think rubbing their tummy and patting their head at the same time is the best I can hope for.

NAPA is better but if I get the wrong guy I would play 20 questions and 20 minutes later he would still be educating himself on the book he's supposed to already understand and asking me the make and model only to tell me the part is discontinued. It's not really, only "superseded" but that's too far outside the box for most to grasp. Heck, I'm getting older, my friend.

So I can do it better and faster myself, order over the phone and a nice guy in a brown suit delivers it for half price and says thank you. That works for me.

Incidentally, the 300 ci, 4.9 L, six cylinder Ford engine in my truck is the same engine in many UPS trucks. It was used until a few years ago when it was updated. If that six cyl is good enough for UPS, it's good enough for 'moi.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #88  
Not around these parts. The dummies at the chains can't do anything vehicle-related unless you repeatedly tell them the year and make. Not a prayer of getting them to open a parts book or figure anything out and that's why they're working where they are. I think rubbing their tummy and patting their head at the same time is the best I can hope for.

NAPA is better but if I get the wrong guy I would play 20 questions and 20 minutes later he would still be educating himself on the book he's supposed to already understand and asking me the make and model only to tell me the part is discontinued. It's not really, only "superseded" but that's too far outside the box for most to grasp. Heck, I'm getting older, my friend.

So I can do it better and faster myself, order over the phone and a nice guy in a brown suit delivers it for half price and says thank you. That works for me.

Incidentally, the 300 ci, 4.9 L, six cylinder Ford engine in my truck is the same engine in many UPS trucks. It was used until a few years ago when it was updated. If that six cyl is good enough for UPS, it's good enough for 'moi.

They probably will let you look yourself for the brake hose. You could looks at dorman's website and see if you could find some close matches.

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #89  
sixdogs; This is a great thread, and I look forward to the next one as well! I'll bet that straight six will last longer than anyone expected. They are great engines!

/ How to remove mouse smell from cab of farm truck? #90  
If you cant find the correct hose, you could have one made, or use the braided ones used on race cars. Just go to your local circle track speed shop, or check online with Speedway out of Lincoln Ne. They also specialize in nostalgic race cars and engine parts.
Yesterday I was on crags list and found an old farm truck , looks like yours, 69 Ford N600 with an 18ft dump box, it has been stored inside and covered with dust.I was thinking it would make a cool car hauler.

Dave