Massey Ferguson GC2600 Mower Hieght Lock Issue

/ Massey Ferguson GC2600 Mower Hieght Lock Issue #1  

Paratus

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2600
Hi all,

I put the FEL and back blade on the GC2600 to turn over my compost pile. Since it was easy work and not in rough terrain i left the mower deck on, raised it all the way, then adjusted the height lock so it wouldn't move when I raised and lowered the back blade.

I have done this before with no problems, but now, after removing the FEL and back blade, I can't move the height lock knob. I have tried it with the 3pt hitch up, down, and in the middle, no joy. I haven't tried torquing on it with a tool, it shouldn't need that. I have put weight on the deck, jiggled it etc, but I still can't unlock the deck height.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

THANKS!

/ Massey Ferguson GC2600 Mower Hieght Lock Issue #2  
Look underneath and see if the mechanism got bent or something.

Mine got tighter after running over a stump with the deck locked in the up position. I had to turn a little harder to release the knob, but it came loose.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2600 Mower Hieght Lock Issue
Thanks Don, I will give it a good once over.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2600 Mower Hieght Lock Issue #4  
Happens to mine occasionally, I just turn mine while holding the three point lift lever up while the tractor is running. This takes just enough pressure off the deck lock lever that it will turn. Hope it works for you.

Hi Wrangler,

Thanks for the tip, will try that when I get home from work.

I really appreciate the support and advice available on this forum.

Well I am happy to report Wrangler's tip did the trick. I just bumped the 3PH lever full up a couple of times while turning the knob and it loosened right up.

THANK YOU