Help me unflip a cutter

/ Help me unflip a cutter
Can you elaborate as to why winching from the top-side isn't an option?

There's a large ditch on that side. There's really no room there. Nowhere to pull from and nothing solid to winch to.

/ Help me unflip a cutter #12  
A long post and a high lift jack from the lower side might be in order. Put the jack on the ground below the unit, use a long post to reach from the jack to the upper side of the mower and use the jack to push it back over. As you reach full extension of the jack, block and chain the mower up real good while you get another bite with the jack. You should be able to get it all the way back up level and away from the edge pushing it up the hill with a jack. If the hill is steep, some TPosts driven into the ground will help hold the jack from pushing itself down the hill.

Guaranteed there is at least 100 ways to take care of the situation, and also 1000 ways to hurt yourself or anyone near. So whatever you do, do it slow and be careful.

/ Help me unflip a cutter #13  
There's a large ditch on that side. There's really no room there. Nowhere to pull from and nothing solid to winch to.

No chance of parking a vehicle on the other side of the ditch and using it as an anchor? I mean, that's fairly obvious so you've probably thought of it, just trying to exhaust all the possibilities. What about a snatch block on a tree on the far side of the ditch to redirect the pull of a tractor on the near side?

/ Help me unflip a cutter #14  
Sysop's method with the jack might work...especially if you can get the wing that is up in the air to straighten out. Then the jack on the lower side can be raised until the weight of the top wing tips the mower back over.

If the top wing is left folded it will make the jacking much harder and less effective.

As others have stated...be careful. Once the mower starts to tilt back over give it LOTS of room.

/ Help me unflip a cutter #15  
As others have stated...be careful. Once the mower starts to tilt back over give it LOTS of room.
Worth re-stating.

Would it be possible to dig in a deadman anchor on the other side of the ditch to winch the upper wing back over with? See: Land Rover - 4x4 Off Road Vehicle Recovery and Winching - How to Dig a Deadman Anchor for some examples.
To get better leverage, you might try using a "tower" to help put your force to better use as seen in the diagram below:
Flipped Mower.png

If you cant get it out on your own, how bad is the road? Would it be possible to bring in a rotator boom wrecker or a small crane to pick it up?
If a regular truck cant make it in, you might try the guys over at SteelSoldiers.com and see if there is someone near you with a wrecker (like this one: M936 6x6 5 Ton Military Wrecker - YouTube or this one: M816 6x6 5 Ton Military Wrecker Truck - YouTube ) who could give you a hand

Aaron Z

/ Help me unflip a cutter
Did you recover your mower? If so, how?

Not yet. I live 70 miles away. I won't be able to get back up there until Saturday.

I'm going to try to lift and flip the top wing over with my jacks and some posts. If that doesn't work, I think I'm going to try to unhook the cutter and use the tractor to ease it down to a flatter more manageable spot where I can winch or pull it back over. Hopefully without tearing anything up. If that won't work (I'm afraid the coupling may be in a bind and I won't be able to unhook), I may have to try to find a neighbor with a tractor for help.

/ Help me unflip a cutter #18  
I'm still having trouble picturing how the mower managed to flip over without taking the tractor with it. Dying for pics...

/ Help me unflip a cutter #19  
Mower like this doesn't appear to use 3pth-
SD SERIES (MEDIUM DUTY) | Rhino

So it's a U laying on its side with the wings making the legs and the middle section making the curve- steep hill on one side and ditch on the other

Careful jacking and blocking seems to be the best bet