Help me unflip a cutter

/ Help me unflip a cutter #1  

YazooValley

Tractor
John Deere
I have a 12 foot Rhino batwing cutter. I was clipping along a small levee with the wings up. The implement slid sideways a little and the cutter tumped over on its side. The tractor didn't roll, thankfully.

I can't winch from from the "uphill" side. Any suggestions on how to get the cutter flipped back over? Thanks

/ Help me unflip a cutter #3  
Can you release the downhill wing and let the mid section back on the ground. I agree a pic is needed.

/ Help me unflip a cutter #4  
Is it too much to hope that it has hydraulics? If so, perhaps they could be hooked up and used to your advantage?

(Does a 12-foot batwing without hydraulics even exist?)

/ Help me unflip a cutter #5  
As suggested by others:
>take some photos and post
>hook up the hydraulics and lower the wing that it is resting on (if that is the case). See if the hydraulics are strong enough to return the mower to flat.

In my mind I see the mower on a 30* slope with the downhill wing parallel to the sloped ground and the main deck vertical. If the wing that is high is "lowered" will its weight be in a position advantageous to tipping the mower back to level?

Is the mower all the way upside down or is it over on one of the decks? The surrounding terrain is also a factor - especially since you state that it can't be winched or, apparently, pulled out and to level ground with the tractor.

/ Help me unflip a cutter #6  
Rigging (mechanical engineering) any form of lifting gear, tackle, equipment for moving heavy loads over short distances, etc. and the procedures of lifting and moving heavy loads.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

/ Help me unflip a cutter #7  
If the previously-suggested solutions aren't viable, do some research into how fire departments block up flipped vehicles to get them off of people. With a small amount of lifting ability and a lot of blocking, you can slowly lift really heavy things. But do it safely!

/ Help me unflip a cutter #8  
Need pictures, but if you have "power down" for the wings, I would try that first.

Aaron Z

/ Help me unflip a cutter
As suggested by others:
>take some photos and post
>hook up the hydraulics and lower the wing that it is resting on (if that is the case). See if the hydraulics are strong enough to return the mower to flat.

In my mind I see the mower on a 30* slope with the downhill wing parallel to the sloped ground and the main deck vertical. If the wing that is high is "lowered" will its weight be in a position advantageous to tipping the mower back to level?

Is the mower all the way upside down or is it over on one of the decks? The surrounding terrain is also a factor - especially since you state that it can't be winched or, apparently, pulled out and to level ground with the tractor.

I don't have pictures. I won't be back at the farm until Saturday. If I can't get it flipped back over Saturday, I'll take pics.

The hydraulics are not sufficient to flip it back over. Tried that.

It's not a very steep slope. It's a small levee with maybe a 3 foot gradual drop on the right side where the implement is. The ditch is on the left side so there's no available relief from that side.

The cutter's right wing is on the ground. The middle/main deck of the cutter is more or less vertical or perpendicular to the ground. The left wing is flipped back over the top and parallel to the ground. So from a straight position with the wings up, it flipped 90 degrees to the right.

The tractor can't move it by itself. I guess there's too much weight directly on the ground and 3 of the 4 wheels are in the air. And the slope is not helping. The tractor is nosed up the slope slightly.

If I could get the top/left wing flipped back up and over, that would definitely help with the weight distribution.

All I can really come up with is trying to use a farm jack or two to try to get it up and over. Any thoughts appreciated.

/ Help me unflip a cutter #10  
Can you elaborate as to why winching from the top-side isn't an option?