Default How reliable are front mounted mowers? New Holland MC vs. Kubota F series?

I am considering buying a front mounted mower 4x4 mower for my hilly property. How reliable are the different brands. I have looked at new Holland and kubota. Any thoughts on others that I should consider? Reliability?

Tractor
    JD 1050

Default Re: How reliable are front mounted mowers? New Holland MC vs. Kubota F series?

-p1010001-jpgI have a New Holland MC 28. I have had it for over 10 years and I think it's the Cadillac of Mowers.
    Last edited by chuckvan49; 08-23-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Default Re: How reliable are front mounted mowers? New Holland MC vs. Kubota F series?

I have a JD front mower that is over 10 years old. It is not 4wd. When I was shopping I also looked at kubota. But could not get close to the JD price. Have had almost zero problems. The NH looked good at the time but no dealers close by.

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

My TORO Groundsmaster is 17 years old, still going strong! You definitely want 4 wheel drive.

I use car ramps to access the blades.
    -p6220005-jpg

Mowing the back of the dam, a 2 to 1 slope.
    -p5250002-jpg -p5250004-jpg -p5250008-jpg

There a lot of used commercial out front deck mowers on eBay.
    Hold "Ctrl" and click on picture to open it in a new Tab.

My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor) V417 Versahander

Thanks for the photos and information. I have a small vineyard with over 500 grape vines on the side of a hill that I have to mow between. I will definitely check out eBay.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey-Ferguson 1652 Cab

Check out the threads on the F series down in the kubota Lawn & Garden section. I have over 950 hours on my first F3680 and am trading for a second. Have not seen the NH front mount mowers around here but then again not too many other brands.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota L3430 HSTC

My kubota F2260 (1998 Model) has almost 1300 hours on it. Last week I thought I was going to have to make my first ever repair on it (excluding normal scheduled maintenance). I turned the key and nothing happened. I checked the battery. It was good. I thought safety start switches. Long story short, the ground cable had come loose. Tightened it up and away I went. Another thing to consider is fuel economy. I purchased a new Ferris with a Yanmar engine for my other place. Great machine, but consumes about twice as much diesel fuel per hour as my Kubota. At half a gallon per hour more times 1300 hours and $4.00 per gallon, the Kubota would save me $2,600. If I would have known this when I purchased the Ferris, I would have looked harder at a new Kubota zero turn.

OrangeGuy

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGuy View Post
    My kubota F2260 (1998 Model) has almost 1300 hours on it. Last week I thought I was going to have to make my first ever repair on it (excluding normal scheduled maintenance). I turned the key and nothing happened. I checked the battery. It was good. I thought safety start switches. Long story short, the ground cable had come loose. Tightened it up and away I went. Another thing to consider is fuel economy. I purchased a new Ferris with a Yanmar engine for my other place. Great machine, but consumes about twice as much diesel fuel per hour as my Kubota. At half a gallon per hour more times 1300 hours and $4.00 per gallon, the Kubota would save me $2,600. If I would have known this when I purchased the Ferris, I would have looked harder at a new Kubota zero turn.

OrangeGuy
    You need to find a place to buy off road diesel, $3.49 a gallon, on road $3.79, at the same station.

I just filled my off road tank last week.
    -p5310024-jpg -p7090001-jpg
    Hold "Ctrl" and click on picture to open it in a new Tab.

My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor) V417 Versahander

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Try a Ventrac the best Billy Goat in the biz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2013_0718ventrac0003-jpg   -2013_0825ventractop0019-jpg   -2013_0718ventrac0004-jpg  
    Murph ------------

Thanks Murf, It looks like it could be just what I am looking for. Is it a diesel? Can you tell me a ball park number that they sell for? Do you recommend a dealer? I live in south western Ohio but will be moving to south eastern Indiana near Brookville, IN.
    Thanks, Mike