farm pro 2420 ty290

/ farm pro 2420 ty290 #1  

ty290 farm pro

Tractor
farm pro 2420 ty290
hi there new to this I have a farm pro 2420 ty290 I come across this web looking up info on my tractor I like my farm pro 2420 got it from a friend I changed oil I put 15w40 in a new oil filter and then found a leak on hi pres fuel line fixed that and put new filter on this is my very first tractor so I was looking at all the fluids I think its the power steering it up by the water pump on the left side took cap off I could not beliv it there was no oil or any in it looked dry for some time I seen some people talk you check the stick behind the seat. MY ? is what kind of fluid goes there I got a book but it just a parts book I live in Indiana if that help on what fluid I think factory had sae30wt in it do I use that please help
:confused: forgot to say its a 2wheel drive with turf tires thanks maybe this will help someone oil filter was a wix51381 fuel wix33361

Last edited:
   / farm pro 2420 ty290 #2  
When it comes to a search on the internet for tractor and lawn and garden items. All roads lead here. Great site and welcome aboard.

/ farm pro 2420 ty290
thank you for the welcome

/ farm pro 2420 ty290
I cant not read the words on the tire on my farm pro 2420 tire size is 11.2 2-20rear front is 26x7.50-12 ? what is the tire pressure I need to put in my tire .I put 20 in front 28 in rear is this wrong. ok I got this tractor from a buddy that is hard on things I start it up there is no oil pressure on gage I changed oil on it still looks clean is this a sign of a weak oil pump or do I just have a dirty screen and is the oil pump in the oil pan first tractor so this is all new to me ty290 motor diesel I like my used tractor it only has 103hrs has this ever happen to any one else that has a farm pro 2420 thanks

/ farm pro 2420 ty290
I cant not read the words on the tire on my farm pro 2420 tire size is 11.2 2-20rear front is 26x7.50-12 ? what is the tire pressure I need to put in my tire .I put 20 in front 28 in rear is this wrong. ok I got this tractor from a buddy that is hard on things I start it up there is no oil pressure on gage I changed oil on it still looks clean is this a sign of a weak oil pump or do I just have a dirty screen and is the oil pump in the oil pan first tractor so this is all new to me ty290 motor diesel I like my used tractor it only has 103hrs has this ever happen to any one else that has a farm pro 2420 thanks it is a 2wd

/ farm pro 2420 ty290 #7  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Owning & Operating forum. :)