Moving Tractor Long Distance

/ Moving Tractor Long Distance
Thanks Tim, good info. The distance is actually approx. 400 miles one way as we live in the far Eastern part of Ontario and Southern Maine is about a 6.5 hr drive so it's definitely doable myself by renting. I just need to check all the options and determine what works for me and what doesn't. Doing it myself I prefer as I would just take my time on the drive and could also bring down a few other things along the way.

/ Moving Tractor Long Distance #22  
Just check with the Canadian Border Services and especially the American Border Services to see what they want from you to import the tractor to the U.S.

Should be little on the Cdn side but the Americans may want a whole bunch of stuff re liens, emissions, etc so you should give them a shout to see.

Most Cdns on here import from the U.S to Canada and few export to the U.S.

Good luck on the move and transitioning your equipment to the U.S.

/ Moving Tractor Long Distance #23  
Just check with the Canadian Border Services and especially the American Border Services to see what they want from you to import the tractor to the U.S.

Should be little on the Cdn side but the Americans may want a whole bunch of stuff re liens, emissions, etc so you should give them a shout to see.

Most Cdns on here import from the U.S to Canada and few export to the U.S.

Good luck on the move and transitioning your equipment to the U.S.

/ Moving Tractor Long Distance #25  
I've a got a buddy who bought an anitque tractor in Canada and brought it back to the US. His biggest worry was making sure all the dirt was off. For some reason customs checks this closely. He power washed the tractor before crossing the border.

Wedge

/ Moving Tractor Long Distance #26  
His biggest worry was making sure all the dirt was off. For some reason customs checks this closely.
No doubt for the same reason they ask passengers at the airport whether they have been to a cow pasture. Disease control of some sort one would think.

Terry

/ Moving Tractor Long Distance #27  
No doubt for the same reason they ask passengers at the airport whether they have been to a cow pasture. Disease control of some sort one would think.

Terry

Or weeds...

/ Moving Tractor Long Distance #28  
I've had a tractor moved about 400 miles and an old IH 2-bottom plow moved about 1700 miles. No problems. I found the shipper for the plow on uShip. The tractor was moved by a hotshotter who specializes in hauling tractors up and down the West Coast. Prices and delivery were reasonable both times.

"Shipping Wars" is entertainment. The bozos on that show are the customers who don't have a clue or actually lie about the size and weigh of the shipment, don't have the proper equipment and personnel to load and unload heavy and bulky stuff that can't be rolled off the trailer, and otherwise act like jerks. And the two gal shippers are both pretty babealicious:thumbsup:

/ Moving Tractor Long Distance #29  
A Nissan Frontier has a rated towing capacity of 6500lbs, MX5100 weights 3500... what the problem? You could likely buy a decent enough used lightweight ~5000lb trailer for not much more than the cost of shipping it and still be well under 6500lb. Sell the trailer when you get there.

That said, the going prices for Kubotas seem to be higher in Canada than in the US (at least in BC). You might be able to sell it and buy another one possibly coming out ahead, and as a bonus having the option to downsize to a smaller model for the smaller properly in the process.

/ Moving Tractor Long Distance #30  
Generally you can move a piece of equipment for around $1/mile on long hauls if they can fill a load (semi). I shad my Kubota shipped from Tennessee to South Dakota for around $900 and the trucker only received $600. The load broker got the other $300. If you know any truckers, talk wit them direct.