Moving Tractor Long Distance

/ Moving Tractor Long Distance
A Nissan Frontier has a rated towing capacity of 6500lbs, MX5100 weights 3500... what the problem? You could likely buy a decent enough used lightweight ~5000lb trailer for not much more than the cost of shipping it and still be well under 6500lb. Sell the trailer when you get there.

That is true about the Frontier however the MX5100 weighs 3500-3700lbs + BH92 at 1800lbs put it at around 5300-5500lbs and that I believe is too much along with a decent trailer for the Frontier.

What I could though is remove the BH and transport the tractor alone and then do a second trip for the BH, BB, snowblower, etc. So I might just look around for a used trailer!

Last edited:
   / Moving Tractor Long Distance #32  
That is true about the Frontier however the MX5100 weighs 3500-3700lbs + BH92 at 1800lbs put it at around 5300-5500lbs and that I believe is too much along with a decent trailer for the Frontier.

What I could though is remove the BH and transport the tractor alone and then do a second trip for the BH, BB, snowblower, etc. So I might just look around for a used trailer!

That doesn't include the 1100 (it might even be 1300?) pounds of the front end loader. Are your rears filled? That's another thousand or so pounds. Tractor weights add up quickly :)

/ Moving Tractor Long Distance
That doesn't include the 1100 (it might even be 1300?) pounds of the front end loader. Are your rears filled? That's another thousand or so pounds. Tractor weights add up quickly :)

Agreed tractor weight does add up very quickly. Nope, tires are not filled and I had thought of removing the loader for transport so would only have the tractor on the trailer and then would do a second trip with BH, loader, BB, blower and bushhog. Still trying to determine the best solution though as renting a moving truck along with a car hauler trailer would be best as then there is no worries with the weight.

/ Moving Tractor Long Distance #34  
I use uship all the time . its free to put up a listing. try and see , you will get quotes from brokers the a few independants will bid and be cheap. I just had bids to move a deere 5300 fom chicago to north carolina 715 miles for a total cost of $660 offer was only good for 24 hours as the trucker wanted to fill a space .just look at there feedback and be ready to commit when you get a price your happy with if you wait to see if it gets cheaper you may loose a good shipper at a fair price