3-Point Hitch Delivery of new Massey 1635

/ Delivery of new Massey 1635 #1  

GWood627

Tractor
MF1643 Power Shuttle
photo (91).jpg

Well, the tractor and trailer arrived one day before the bush hog. The back hoe is on back order and I have minor problems already, anyone have some suggestions to my problems?
The 3-point hitch will not go up all the time and it's very difficult to get it to stay in the middle posisiton. I only have 10 hours on it. The lever for the 3-point hitch seems a little tight to maneuver. Sprung cable? A salesman stopped by and said it :Dhas to be tight to stay in position, he took it for a ride and he couldn't get it to stay either. All in all, everything is cool, I love it and bush hog cleared 4 acres in 1/2 the time it took me with the 20 HP DR behind the ATV. I york raked the driveway after 2 1/2 inches of rain left ditches and then back bladed and it looks great. Hydrostatic is okay (got it for wife and kids) but you can tell I lose HP. Trailer is great, 2 1/2 ton with hydraulic lift makes cleaning up the fields so much easier. OK, waiting for the expert advice to my problems from TBN.....

/ Delivery of new Massey 1635 #2  
sweet looking tractor they are little problems

/ Delivery of new Massey 1635 #3  
have the dealership pickup the tractor an fix the minor probs.

/ Delivery of new Massey 1635 #4  
Have you adjusted the 3ph speed control valve in front of your seat? If so...i would surely send it back for repair.

/ Delivery of new Massey 1635
Yes, I adjusted the hydraulic speed control and so did the salesman who showed up. When not using the 3PH, I leave it in the up posistion but when I went to hookup the york rake I couldn't get the 3PH down even by standing on it. My thinking is keep the 3PH up as to not damage when using other implements, Trailer etc. Is that correct?:newhere:

/ Delivery of new Massey 1635 #6  
Adjust it so neither arm hits the tires and just keep it up enough so you won't back into anything with it and you will be fine. I'm sure they will sort out the 3pt hydraulic problem but I wouldn't want the lever too tight. You'll find yourself needing to make tiny adjustments on the run and firm is fine, but too stiff is not.