Need help with Identification of old Ford Tractor

/ Need help with Identification of old Ford Tractor #1  

Mattinglyfarms

Tractor
Ford 4000?
Hey Guy's,
I'm new to the site and desperately need help identifying an old Ford tractor I just purchased. When I bought the tractor the seller told me it was a Ford 3000. It was only after locating a Front Loader and driving 500 miles round trip to recognize I don't think I have a 3000. I bought a Ford 730 loader that was removed from a 3000, when I arrived in Tn and noticed the considerable difference in size of the sellers tractor from mine I knew something was wrong. Got the loader back home and realized it is going to need some serious modifications to fit. It's about a foot or so too short to reach my rear axle to mount the frame. It looks like 6" or so comes from the extended block of steel on the front that protrudes from below the radiator. My tractor is much taller/longer than the 3000 in Tn. Someone told me they thought I had a 4000 Row Crop, due to the tall tires on the tractor. The right side engine (behind the starter) has these numbers stamped:
5D30B
3 and 4 stamped on top (over) each other, then 1012C
10823551 16
It is a 3Cyl. Diesel
Any help would be Greatly appreciated!

/ Need help with Identification of old Ford Tractor #2  
Here's a web page for deciphering Ford model codes:

FORD CODES and SERIAL NUMBERS

However, your numbers are still puzzling to me. The 5D30B looks like a date code for Day Shift on April 30, 1965. The 3 over 4 is the puzzle. The 1012C looks to me like the model code (diesel engine, transmission PTO,8 speed), except it should start with a letter (C for 3000, D for 4000), e.g D1012C. Hopefully someone with more Ford knowledge will chime in.

/ Need help with Identification of old Ford Tractor #3  
Welcome to TBN--join the fun:thumbsup:

Post photos of that tractor--otherwise we're just guessing.

/ Need help with Identification of old Ford Tractor #4  
Yup put a picture. I'll do some searching on another ford/fordson site for you.

/ Need help with Identification of old Ford Tractor
I hope that you can see these pics well. Thanks guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20130905_111205_605.jpg
    IMG_20130905_111205_605.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_20130908_171001_497.jpg
    IMG_20130908_171001_497.jpg
    955.6 KB · Views: 298
   / Need help with Identification of old Ford Tractor #6  
Looks like a mid 60's Ford 4000. Should have the 201 3 cylinder.
Regard's
Sean

/ Need help with Identification of old Ford Tractor
Guy's,
While I'm blessed with this abundance of knowledge, let me get your input on what my plans are. I've just sold a 44' 2N that had what I believe was a Baker front loader. It ran off of a shaft/lovejoy to power the front mounted hydr pump. The 730 loader I just purchased came with a ~ 12" - 7/8" diameter shaft, 13 spline that will be too short to reach my front pulley. The 4 hole bolt pattern on the 730 loader hub fits my front pulley perfectly though. I have ordered the coupler drive for the 730 loader Part # 291061 that would mount on my front pulley. I have a longer shaft (21") 7/8" diameter that I was going to have the machine shop spline both ends on. I will still need to cut a hole in the bolster, or front cast block for the shaft to go thru. I will need to weld some 4" angle on the rear of the loader frame for extensions to reach my rear axle to mount. Beefing up the frame for adequate support, will not be an issue. I think I can make this loader work! But... Does anyone see where this will not work as planned? If so, my only option will be to sell the 730 loader and find a loader that runs off of my wet lines. The drive shaft assembly is what has me most concerned. I really need to get this loader up and running and any further insight will be greatly appreciated.

/ Need help with Identification of old Ford Tractor #8  
Its not a row crop , its the utility model , should be a tag under the hood over the battery.

/ Need help with Identification of old Ford Tractor #9  
Put it on and take some pictures! It doesn't have the loovered hood so its a late 68 or 1969(or later) 4000 series with a standard front end, "If" thats the original sheet metal. There are bolts in your axle for adjustment, the industrial front axles are solid cast iron. The 4000 is a better tractor all the way around compaired to the 3000 you thought you were getting. (got one of them too). I would check the steering & everything else over really good before you install the loader, you won't be able to sevice much with it on. I'm sure you already know, Be careful when welding the loader frame, it doubles as the oil tank.