Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4035HST purchased 2013 - John Deere 42" Geardrive w/bagger purchased 2012 - Craftsman 42" HST purchased 2006

Default Re: How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyBell View Post
    No more fuel than I go through on the weekends I use a 5 gal can and a battery fuel pump from Lowes for filling Kerosene Heaters for mine. Works great and I don't end up making a mess, plus I have 3 of those new cans that the fuel won't pour out of, and it comes out fine with this little pump. Best of all it only uses 2 D batteries, about one set a year!
    Just looked up the pump you're talking about, very nifty. How long have you had it?

Tractor
    2N Ford

Default Re: How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)?

Quote Originally Posted by Sysop View Post
    Just looked up the pump you're talking about, very nifty. How long have you had it?
    I am on my second one but I think I got almost 2 years out of the first one The batteries last forever with no bigger than the pump is.

Tractor
    3320 w/300cx FEL

I am on my second one but I think I got almost 2 years out of the first one The batteries last forever with no bigger than the pump is.
    I can't find it on Lowe's site. Do you have a link?

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJbird View Post
    I can't find it on Lowe's site. Do you have a link?
    Here you go

Shop DuraHeat Kerosene Heater Siphon Pump at Lowes.com
    James KØUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Silver Member lost in wisconsin's Avatar
    Tractor
    John Deere 2520 (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Thank you!
    2011 JD 2520, 200CX FEL w/ 53" bucket, iMatch Quick Hitch, 48" JD Box Scraper, 54" JD FM Snowblower, Frontier PHD200, BB & Heavy Hitch

My basic principle is that you don’t make decisions because they are easy; you don’t make them because they’re popular; you make them because they’re right. Theodore Hesburgh

I've never actually tried this, but what about getting a high end fuel pump, like the kind race cars use. Curently I have to deal with gas not diesel. It seem like a switch and some hose you could rig up a pump and pump from the ground into the tank. Just a thought.

Wedge
    1967 Ford 4000,Mahindra 4530 with FEL and BH, Box blade, straight blade, FEL, Rake, Bushhog, Backhoe, Jinma chipper, KKII tiller, Grapple. Mahindra 4530, with FEL and Backhoe.

Tractor
    JD LX188

Will the Duraheat siphon move hydraulic fluid, or is it too thick/heavy?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4035HST purchased 2013 - John Deere 42" Geardrive w/bagger purchased 2012 - Craftsman 42" HST purchased 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
    Will the Duraheat siphon move hydraulic fluid, or is it too thick/heavy?
    Good question! My thoughts on that are that as long as it would work at least long enough to move enough fluid for a fluid change, $15 isn't a bad price for a one use tool to make the job a bit easier. In my case I couldn't find a drain pan to collect all ten gallons of fluid so I had to put the drain plug in and empty my pan a couple times. I could use that to suck the old fluid from the pan into disposal containers as it drains. It would also make moving fluid from the 5 gallon containers into the reservoir easier as well, but with a little creativity I did ok with that. I have a while before I need to do it again, thank goodness only the first is at 50 hours.

Tractor
    2N Ford

Well the guys beat me to the link, I use the one outside for gas and have not had any problems with that. I don't think it will handle hydraulic fluid but I could be wrong, it may but for how long I don't know, the impeller is only plastic.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Well the guys beat me to the link, I use the one outside for gas and have not had any problems with that. I don't think it will handle hydraulic fluid but I could be wrong, it may but for how long I don't know, the impeller is only plastic.
    10 gallons would be good enough for me. You use that battery-electric kero pump for gasoline? I hope I'm wrong to feel concerned about that. I thought lots of the small electric pumps were OK for diesel and kero but not gas due to the fume flammability?

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast