How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)?

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #101  
10 gallons would be good enough for me. You use that battery-electric kero pump for gasoline? I hope I'm wrong to feel concerned about that. I thought lots of the small electric pumps were OK for diesel and kero but not gas due to the fume flammability?
Ah no worries, I have probably pumped a 100+ gals through it never a blip. The little motor is sealed to keep the moisture out and I only do it outside

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #102  
Not legal? It must be the state your in? Just about every farmer in Ohio has one. Yes they cost some money but its worth it. To take out it takes a couple minutes with bobcat.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #103  
Not legal? It must be the state your in? Just about every farmer in Ohio has one. Yes they cost some money but its worth it. To take out it takes a couple minutes with bobcat.
You lost me. What are you referring to?

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #104  
For the B I have been using a five gallon jug and a squeeze siphon. I put a piece of scrap wood between the boom arms position the jug and siphon directly into the tank. Clean and no spilled fuel you just have to keep an eye out not to overfill if the tank is not near empty. For the BX I fill two gallon jugs and use them much easier to lift and the tank is smaller anyway. Made a fuel run today here is the B getting a fill up. When the fuel gauge gets around empty it takes the whole five gallons.

DSC00037 (2).JPG

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #105  
For the B I have been using a five gallon jug and a squeeze siphon. I put a piece of scrap wood between the boom arms position the jug and siphon directly into the tank. Clean and no spilled fuel you just have to keep an eye out not to overfill if the tank is not near empty. For the BX I fill two gallon jugs and use them much easier to lift and the tank is smaller anyway. Made a fuel run today here is the B getting a fill up. When the fuel gauge gets around empty it takes the whole five gallons.

View attachment 337765

I've used that same method only the gas eats the plastic up after a while.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #106  
Why didn't I think of that?? I've always just used a 5 gallon can, and it's heavy for me (a lot heavier then it would have been 40 years ago when I was 32). Thanks.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #107  
Depending on the amount of fuel you use any of the list options would work, I'm less excited about 5 gallon containers, 55gallon barrels be my 2nd choice, often you can find 100-200 gallon used barrels on craigslist locally for $100 or less just make sure they are clean inside. It's a plus if they have a skid for setting on the floor or ground if not I made one out of 6"x6" the cut wedge blocks to put against the tank to stop it from rolling.
But whatever option you choose put a filter on the tank for the few dollars you will spend it will save you nightmares down the road knowing the fuel you are putting in your pride and joy doesn't have impurities that will screw up your tractor.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #108  
Something I built on a HF small trailer frame. Battery rides in front of the 50 gallon tank to power the pump. Easy to drag to the gas station to refill with off road diesel. Usually 2 or three times a year. Easy to tow. Moved easily with the RTV1100

L3240, RTV and ZD326 all diesel fueled

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #109  
Picked up my new Kubota L3200 this Saturday & logged just over 8 hours running the rotary cutter. Finished up with a quarter tank to spare (probably 1gal per hour), so it's almost out of commission until I figure out a fueling strategy. Not exactly unexpected, but I just hadn't gotten around to it as it's not particularly urgent & had other stuff to do. My tractor is going to be a weekend warrior, so not getting a lot of work, maybe 10-20 hours a month, maybe.

I have a Shell station under a 2 mile drive away (quarter mile as the crow flies) & they sell off-road diesel. I had been planning on getting a 55 gallon drum ($10-20 for a decent plastic one) & manual or 12v pump, filling it at the local station & schlepping it home in my truck. Unload the barrel & leave it in the shop to fuel the tractor as necessary. Other thoughts were spending $300ish & getting a decent used 200-300gal tank (maybe just a couple 55 gal drums ) & having fuel delivered. My least exciting option would just be driving the tractor to the station to fuel it up.

Is getting delivery going to be price competitive with filling up a few 55gal drums?

I got a 55gal. steel drum that had been cleaned - welded 2 loops of 1/4" HRS rod to the top 180 deg. apart (welded the top to the drum body at these points, too) - a short length of chain between the loops gives a lifting point for a chain hooked on the FEL - drilled 2 holes in the barrel's bung cap and brazed a length of 3/8" black pipe into one, the other received a Schrader valve; the 3/8" pipe stops just short of contacting the bottom of the drum and is cut at a 45. It extends 3" or so above the cap - I threaded the cap-end of the pipe and screwed on a ball-valve with a 3/8" hose-barb in the other hole to which is clamped a piece of 3/8" ID reinforced plastic hose. Stick the end of the hose into the tank and apply about 4 or 5 lbs. of air pressure to the drum and open the ball valve - shut the valve when the tank or fuel can is full. I have a 6 gal. can set up the same way and use a bicycle pump to pressurize it as it has less volume than the drum (when the drum gets down a bit it takes a bunch of strokes with a hand pump to get the fuel flowing so I use a cheapo 12v tire pump from Wallyworld). You can use any size pipe/hose and fittings to satify your needs and a regular fuel hose with shut off handle would work excellent BUT this was cobbled up from what was laying around :)

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #110  
I've had great success over the past two years with a pair of DuraMax Flo-n-Go's. I have one for diesel for my JD 1026R and the other for gas for the JD Gator and smaller gas powered toys, oops, I mean tools. The 14 gallon capacity works just right for me -- lasts at least a month of heavy use, but doesn't let the fuel get too old. The hand pump/gravity feed is a bit slow. I'll have to look at the Harbor Freight transfer pump -- but the price is kind of high for what I need. Anybody know of a lower cost solution for light duty use? I made a 2x4 rack to hold the tanks a couple of feet above the level of the gas tank, so refueling is easy but slow. Two of us can easily lift a full tank up or if I'm alone, I just use the FEL. Lifting the tank with the FEL for each refuel would be a workable idea, too. I got mine on sale at Fleet Farm for $89. Best price I've seen recently has been on Amazon.com. Good luck!