How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)?

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #51  
I fill my new tractor out of the home heating oil tank in the basement.

Since I am on heating assistance I get to use my tractor courtesy of the state welfare program. Last year I used so much fuel the state is insulating my house for free.

Fred

This is a joke right?

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #52  
My 5105 has always been a PITA to fuel. I am 5'5 and have been using the 5 gal. can while standing on the lower 3pt. arm with an implement attached to the tractor. My uncle gave me a 200 gal tank on skids about 5 years ago. I retired almost 2 weeks ago and finally have the time to clean the tank out and get it filled. I bought a 12 volt 8gpm transfer pump from TSC Friday.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #53  
Noodles is back!!

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #54  
I fill my new tractor out of the home heating oil tank in the basement.

Since I am on heating assistance I get to use my tractor courtesy of the state welfare program. Last year I used so much fuel the state is insulating my house for free.

Fred

Wow. So we paid for your fuel. And we paid enough for your fuel, that we get to pay for your insulation as well. Thanks. Can I buy anything else for you?

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #55  
55 gal plastic drum with a hand pump.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #56  
EZ-POUR

See link above for how to replace your idiot caps.

I use 5 gal. plastic cans. My tank cap is about as high as the seat back, so it is not handy for a full jug, but I can manage it. I take the EPA cap completely off and pour into a large funnel.

This....

I got a couple of the ones for "water" at TSC as I'm in one of the states that only allows the sale of the CARB type cans that leak, burp, fart and dribble fuel all over the place. Replaced the spout and added the "replacement" vent cap by drilling a hole and supergluing in place. Works 100% better - not leaks, burps, farts and it flows like it should.

That being said, it's still a PITA to lift full 5 gallon fuel jugs up on top of the tractor (the B3200 has the fuel cap on top right in front of the dashboard) so what I'm thinking of doing is getting a 33 gallon steel drum and adding a 12v fuel transfer pump to it. I'm a weekend warrior too so 33 gallons of fuel will probably last me 6 months. Figured I'd put the tank on a dolly with wheels so I can move it around easily. I can load it into the trailer and run to the gas station to fill it up then lift the full drum off the trailer with the FEL. One thing I have figured out, electric fuel transfer pumps aren't cheap...at least the ones made in the USA. I'm looking at a Fill-Rite 13 gpm model for my potential setup.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #57  
snip ............

That being said, it's still a PITA to lift full 5 gallon fuel jugs up on top of the tractor (the B3200 has the fuel cap on top right in front of the dashboard) so what I'm thinking of doing is getting a 33 gallon steel drum and adding a 12v fuel transfer pump to it. I'm a weekend warrior too so 33 gallons of fuel will probably last me 6 months. Figured I'd put the tank on a dolly with wheels so I can move it around easily. I can load it into the trailer and run to the gas station to fill it up then lift the full drum off the trailer with the FEL. One thing I have figured out, electric fuel transfer pumps aren't cheap...at least the ones made in the USA. I'm looking at a Fill-Rite 13 gpm model for my potential setup.

I'm always amazed at the price of anything to do with fuel. I can buy a lot of fuel for the price of the pumps, caddy tanks, etc. Even an old standby like a push-pull lever pump is pricey.

If I get too decrepit to hoist the fuel cans and pour, I have a shelf I could set them on that is higher than the tank. That would be an easy siphon situation.

Maybe I should shop for a new, bigger tractor with the low, under the platform fuel tank location. :laughing:

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #58  
Wow. So we paid for your fuel. And we paid enough for your fuel, that we get to pay for your insulation as well. Thanks. Can I buy anything else for you?

Don't bother. He won't get it. Trash never realizes that it is trash. Usually their parents were free-loaders, their siblings are free-loaders, and they raise their children to be free-loaders. When that is all you know, it seems normal. They wouldn't be such a problem if they didn't breed but, unfortunately we give them more money for every litter they have, so they tend to multiply like rats.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #59  
Funny you should mention that ungmonkey, my girlfriend is pregnant expecting our 7thy child, the free cheese and milk is tasty also.

And you also 4Shots........you say IF you were a taxpayer, does this mean you too are on the dole and don't pay taxes?

Everyone needs help these days now start pushing the wagon for me, Fred

I simply responded to original posters request for how to fuel the tractor, NOT the fire.

Last edited:
   / How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #60  
Funny you should mention that dungmonkey, my girlfriend is pregnant expecting our 7thy child, the free cheese and milk is tasty also.

And you also 4Shits........you say IF you were a taxpayer, does this mean you too are on the dole and don't pay taxes?

Everyone needs help these days now start pushing the wagon for me, Fred

I simply responded to original posters request for how to fuel the tractor, NOT the fire.

Hey Fred, grow up and pull your own wagon. The reason 4shorts (note: when you start calling names like you did, it just goes to show your argument is weaker than even you think, assuming you think at all) doesn't pay taxes in the US (or any state therein) is because he lives in Newfoundland, which is part of Canada.

And no, you didn't simply respond with "how". You admitted to welfare fraud.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet