Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Case 830

Default Re: Is there a "good" electric pressure washer?

I recently bought the AR Blue Clean AR383. It's awesome, easy to use and is definitely recommended by me.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

We use a pressure washer quite a bit and got tired of the noisy gas engines, running out of fuel, broken pull ropes, etc. We bought a 3-phase 5 HP commercial unit that hangs on the wall and has auto on/off. I wish I would have bought this years ago, however it isn't portable and cost about $2500. So there are really good electric pressure washers, but most of the consumer grade electric units have a really light duty cycle and short lifespan I suspect. I'd think you will be well over $1k to get a decent small electric washer. Ours was bought from bepressure.com and has been flawless. They do make them in single phase portable models.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor
    Kubota M59

I initially had a Karcher from HD or some such - gave it away to a friend for free, when I moved (it was almost worthless). I ended up with an electric power washer from Northern Tool. This a high quality unit - same components as the gas engine pro tools except it has a 20 amp electric motor. You do need to have 20 amp power where you use it, but I can manage that for what I use it for, and the convenience of not having to maintain yet another gas engine is worth it.
    Kubota M59 TLB w/thumb, Bradco forks, Befco 84" grading scraper, McMillen 3K2 hydraulic auger, CA 8' boom, hay forks
    CA 80" 4n1 bucket, Bison 84" Box blade w hyd scarifiers, Anbo Rancher grapple, Befco 6' brush hog
    Ram 5.9L, PJ 22' 14K trailer, PJ 16' 16K dump trailer, Hobart 250amp MIG welder

Tractor
    Kubota L2800 4wd, FEL

Ive had just about all the electric models up to 2000 psi, my basic opinion of them is they are all POS's. Some lasted longer than others but none went past a year and a half of light duty use. My current electric one with i bought at TS says briggs and stratton 1800 psi on the it but i dont know who actually makes it, its been going now a little over a year except one of the wands broke a couple weeks ago. I know all mine have been cheap (under $200) but I would be afraid to spend big bucks on one.
    Kubota L2800DT, 4wd, Kubota FEL, Armstrong Ag 6' box blade, Howse 6' mower, Armstrong Ag 6' disk, Leinbach 6' rake

Tractor
    Kubota M59

I have had mine for over ten years, still going strong. I don't recall any longer what it cost, but it was up around $1K or so. It is rated about 3000 psi I think. My conclusion is you can get a real pro power washer that is electrically powered, single phase. However they are mostly sold to contractors who move around a lot for different jobs, hence most pro units are gas powered.
    Kubota M59 TLB w/thumb, Bradco forks, Befco 84" grading scraper, McMillen 3K2 hydraulic auger, CA 8' boom, hay forks
    CA 80" 4n1 bucket, Bison 84" Box blade w hyd scarifiers, Anbo Rancher grapple, Befco 6' brush hog
    Ram 5.9L, PJ 22' 14K trailer, PJ 16' 16K dump trailer, Hobart 250amp MIG welder

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, Case DX35

I have a Kracher, K5, I think, from WallyWorld. Had it about 3 years, extremely happy with it. Much more convenient than my 10 yo, 3000 psi, Porter Cable gasser, currently in shop awaiting new carb.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet
    David
    Please visit: Vacation Hawaii

CK30HST, FEL w/ATI Tach all, Toothbar, Pallet forks, BH, Hydraulic Offset Flail, Brush Hog, Box Blade, PHD, Tiller, Landscape Rake, Boom pole w/extension&winch, Quick hitch, TuffTop Canopy
    Case DX35 w/LX116 "bobtach" Loader,

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Are their good electrics? Yes. Are they cheap? No.

I have a Princess Auto built electric. American motor, Comet pump(? current model has comet, but I thought mine was AR). http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/E...sher/5790114.p Probably close to 15 years old now. No problems besides occasionally overloading and tripping breakers. Not a fault of the washer in any way though.

The PA unit replaced a consumer grade Kartcher that lasted only about 2 years.

Tractor
    JD 870

Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    ....I'd think you will be well over $1k to get a decent small electric washer.
    Maybe not "well over" -- if you are looking for a well-built, repairable, unit for general use they are priced right at $1k now. My 20-amp Cam-Spray is rated at 1450 psi, and I paid $890 for it in 2009. It's now offered a just over $1000. It's clearly comparable to the smaller gasoline-powered units, without, as others mentioned, the need to maintain another engine. As long as you intend to use it within reach of electrical power it's a very good option for those of us who don't find small engine maintenance to be fun.

Terry

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Quote Originally Posted by TerryR View Post
    Maybe not "well over" -- if you are looking for a well-built, repairable, unit for general use they are priced right at $1k now. My 20-amp Cam-Spray is rated at 1450 psi, and I paid $890 for it in 2009. It's now offered a just over $1000. It's clearly comparable to the smaller gasoline-powered units, without, as others mentioned, the need to maintain another engine. As long as you intend to use it within reach of electrical power it's a very good option for those of us who don't find small engine maintenance to be fun.

Terry
    You guys must not need the power that I do. I think my first and only electric was 1600 PSI and it took forever to clean my concrete patio slab because you had to have the nozzle right on the concrete to clean it. I have a 2400 PSI gasoline powered one and many times wish for a 3000 PSI. About the only thing you can clean with 1400 psi might be dust off a smooth floor. I would just as soon use a garden hose as use something that low pressured. Anything less than 2200 is a waste of effort. That is just my opinion and you know what opinions are just like____________ and everyone has one.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Our electric is 4 gpm and 2000 psi. Works about as well as our old Honda powered gas unit. Perhaps a little less pressure, but it is hard to tell. I really like the auto on/off. Just pull the trigger and it starts in less than 2 seconds. Let off the trigger and it continues to run for a few seconds, then shuts off if the trigger isn't pulled right away again.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast