Is there a "good" electric pressure washer?

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #31  
Really? My 1450 psi unit blasts pieces out of my wood deck with no trouble if I don't watch what I'm doing. Does a fine job of cleaning the crud off the deck, which is what I bought it for. Why would you need more pressure unless you are trying to clean the upper-floor siding from the ground?

Terry
I need more because I want to clean more than a 1/8" wide strip at a pass which is about all the 1400-1500 PSI washers will do since you have to have the nozzle so close. Even with the turbo nozzle you wont get much more than a couple of inches at a pass. They are good for knocking of mud and dirt if you aren't in a hurry but for algae stained concrete, not so much.

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #32  
I wanted to add an update to this thread in case anyone finds it looking for a pressure washer. I commented earlier that I had purchased a Cam Spray electric unit that I'm very happy with:
View attachment 342661

My experience today causes me to recommend that brand even more highly. I broke out my unit yesterday for the first time in a year, and found I could get low (garden hose) pressure but no high pressure water. After fiddling with it with no success, I called their tech support. They were busy, so I left a message on voice mail. No call back by this morning to I called again. Turns out I was so busy leaving the model numbers, etc., that I forgot to include my area code. The tech said he tried to find me on the Internet, but had no success so decided to wait until I called back. Where do you find tech support that tries to use the Internet to find you when you leave an incomplete message?

Anyway, he quickly diagnosed the issue as a clogged high-pressure orifice in the gun, and told me how to get it open to clean it (not that obvious). He offered to hold while I did it, but I decided to let him go while I found my tools. Took me five minutes (half that time trying to figure out which Allen wrench was the 2mm one). Could have had the job done yesterday if I'd remembered to include my whole phone number.

Their website says "Cam Spray is a small company, but we provide many of the same services and amenities that bigger outfits promise, but often don稚 deliver." If my experience is any guide, that's certainly true. If I ever have need for another pressure washer you can be sure I'll look to them first.

Terry

Those are nice. A professional grade electric pressure washer. Lots of options.
Google

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #34  
i have had a HF electric for 3 years now, guess i should consider myself lucky, i have run it straight for 30 + minutes at a time

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #35  
Electric Pressure Washer wonderful buyer guide with proof? Anyone?

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #36  
You guys must not need the power that I do. I think my first and only electric was 1600 PSI and it took forever to clean my concrete patio slab because you had to have the nozzle right on the concrete to clean it. I have a 2400 PSI gasoline powered one and many times wish for a 3000 PSI. About the only thing you can clean with 1400 psi might be dust off a smooth floor. I would just as soon use a garden hose as use something that low pressured. Anything less than 2200 is a waste of effort. That is just my opinion and you know what opinions are just like____________ and everyone has one.
We have a gas(Dewalt/Simpson) and electric (Karcher K5.5400). The gas machine will damage a lot of stuff on a car. An electric will not. And you can wash the car with 1/4 the water vs a hose.

Cleaning a boat, deck, etc: gas. Car, mower, windows, etc: electric.

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #37  
If you have a high PSI gas washer, you can lower the PSI with a different tip. I have a 4000 psi unit that would blow the hood off a car. Switch to a #8 tip from a #4 tip and the 1200 psi will clean the plastic dog bucket without launching it. Electric is good, gas is good, it's all good. Add heat and it's better.

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #38  
I've been buying the risky dink hundred dollar electric pressure washers,and throwing them away when they start to leak and lose pressure. If they get knocked around just a LITTLE BIT the manifold will crack and they are toast. I like them because they are light and I can wash some stuff a few times and not tear the hide off of the house or some equipment. I just figure they are disposable and treat the money like a rental, i.e. hundred bucks for doing any number of projects and be done with it.

I think people get carried away with pressure washers on equipment. Especially around perks and joints. ya don't wanna have it squeaky clean and ya don't need to be forcing water into these places.

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #39  
If you have a high PSI gas washer, you can lower the PSI with a different tip. I have a 4000 psi unit that would blow the hood off a car. Switch to a #8 tip from a #4 tip and the 1200 psi will clean the plastic dog bucket without launching it. Electric is good, gas is good, it's all good. Add heat and it's better.
The DeWalt came with 4-5 tips. Just find it faster and more convenient to use the electric on cars, tools etc.

The most popular electric on Amazon costs $135. I think the Simpson was around $600.

DEWALT Honda GX2 3,4 psi 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer DXPW3425 at The Home Depot - Mobile

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #40  
I have one like this. It was pretty cheap on Ebay but I was surprised how heavy it was. I hope thats an indication of some kind of quality. Only had it for about 18mths but so far, so good. It has plenty of punch for most jobs.

Whatever you get, make sure its the type with the different colored nozzles. Those electric sprayers with a single 'all purpose' gun are just about useless.

Attachments

• P washer.JPG
    P washer.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 113