3-Point Hitch twisting drawbar on 3 point hitch

/ twisting drawbar on 3 point hitch #1  

mregis

Tractor
JD 4210
When I try to move my small trailer around the yard,using the ball attached to the drawbar, it has the tendency to twist/roll around. How can this be preventend?

I have not figured how to send a photo!..Thenks

/ twisting drawbar on 3 point hitch #2  
That is a common problem - the drawbar just doesn't work for that application.

Fixes:
>There is a kit that attaches to the end of the bar and to the lift arm. The kit holds the bar in place.
>There are methods to attach the drawbar to the top link by a vertical shaft.

Do a search and you'll find lots of information. (First look at "Similar Threads" at the bottom of this page.)

/ twisting drawbar on 3 point hitch #3  
Drawbar lock:

draw_bar_lock.jpg

Top Links, Draw Bars, Draw Bar Locks, Lift Arms, Draw Bar Kits, Stabilizer Kits, Swinging Draw Bar Kits, Stabilizer Bars - SSB Tractor

Bruce

/ twisting drawbar on 3 point hitch #5  
I tried one of the store bought locks as pictured in post #3, but took it back because I couldn't get it to work right. YMMV!
Here is a picture of what I made for my Ford 8N. Cost to make was about $5. I no longer use it because I bought a KK trailer mover to use instead.

View attachment 336643

/ twisting drawbar on 3 point hitch #6  
You are also going to need stay strap or the chain the draw bar to keep it from going up.

I tried one of the store bought locks as pictured in post #3, but took it back because I couldn't get it to work right. YMMV!
Here is a picture of what I made for my Ford 8N. Cost to make was about $5. I no longer use it because I bought a KK trailer mover to use instead.

View attachment 336643

That is similar to how mine was made except mine bolted to the lift arm.

/ twisting drawbar on 3 point hitch #7  
You are also going to need stay strap or the chain the draw bar to keep it from going up.

What Roger said! ↑↑

I only use a chain or stay strap on my small trailer if I take it off level surfaces. I always use one or the other devices on my larger trailer. Using a safety device (all of the time) is probably a better practice to get into.

Oh, I almost forgot.... :welcome: to the forum mregis!

/ twisting drawbar on 3 point hitch #8  
I bought something very similar to this from a company that used to advertise on TBN:

Ballard Fabrication

Works great and build very well.

/ twisting drawbar on 3 point hitch #9  
Here is what I made to use on my Kuboa B7100 & Ford 8N. Works great as a trailer hitch, log skidder, & I have made gardening implements that use the same hook-up.004.JPG