Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    1958 Ford 961 Powermaster

Thanks for the replies. My goal is to listen to music from my iPhone while also cutting out machine noise to help protect my hearing.

I had been looking at the Bose and Sony products but wasn't sure if they could block out the machine noise to listen to music at a reasonable level.

Hadn't really thought about Bluetooth but that would be very convenient.

I will check out the Stihl offering too.
    Kubota L5240 with loader and backhoe

1958 Ford 961 Powermaster LP

Tractor
    1958 Ford 961 Powermaster

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Dive View Post
    I use the plantronics 903 bluetooth for music and calls from my phone. About $50. http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/backbeat-903-plus

Then I use a pair of 3m ear protectors. About $20 http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...&rt=d&MDR=true
    Is it comfortable with the ear muffs over the ear buds?
    Kubota L5240 with loader and backhoe

1958 Ford 961 Powermaster LP

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Default Re: Noise cancelling earphones

Quote Originally Posted by wmonroe View Post
    I had been looking at the Bose and Sony products but wasn't sure if they could block out the machine noise to listen to music at a reasonable level.
    Can't comment on the Sony, but the absolutely yes with the Bose. They are super comfortable also. Any chance you have a Bose store/outlet nearby to try them on?
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    Not noise canceling, but have you thought about a set of Peltor (or Stihl) Worktunes?

Cheaper (and likely tougher for outside work) than the Bose. They have built in radio, or you can use an iPod for your own music
    I've used these for the last 10 years or so, work great for carpentry and lawn work...if it's not important to hear anyone trying to get your attention. I always listen to the radio, but there's a jack for an ipod, etc.

I keep a pair in the shop, on the tool trailer and at the house, wouldn't hesitate buying them again if they ever break, but I've had all of them for 5-10 years.

Amazon.com: work tunes headphones

One thing to keep in mind is that you probably won't be able to hear any engine sound anomalies while wearing.
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    Kubota M6040

My hearing must be too far gone or more likely, I do not run the really loud attachments (rotary cutter etc) but I am not bothered in the least by the tractor sounds. However, everybody who uses Bose says they are, without a doubt, the best at blocking out loud noises.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7116H

Thanks for the replies. My goal is to listen to music from my iPhone while also cutting out machine noise to help protect my hearing.

Hadn't really thought about Bluetooth but that would be very convenient.

I will check out the Stihl offering too.
    The Bose and Sonys block noise around 160hz to 300hz. W/o research, I'm not sure if thats good enough.

Tractor
    Deere 5075E MFWD OOS w/PR, 540E; Gator 825i

I also have Bose QC15s. I've had them for two years and mostly only use them when I travel internationally a few times each year.

I finally used them last month when I shredded my pastures for about 10 hours one day - WOW.

I've always been impressed with them, but I think they have never been worth the $ I paid for them more than on my tractor with my cutter running behind it.

I will never cut without them again. Saving my ears AND listening to music on my iPhone at the same time is very nice!

Tractor
    bx-23 ,

I have the qc 15s too had about 5 years use on the tractor and I ride 2000 miles each year on the atv and usu them each time. Worth the $ in the long run
    KUBOTA BX-23,Block heater, AG TIRES[rears filled],MECHANICAL THUMB,SALSCO CHIPPER,WOODS LRC60 LANDSCAPE RAKE WITH GAUGE WHEELS,,HOMEMADE BUCKET FORKS,QUICK HITCH FOR 3 POINT HITCH,HOMEMADE FRONT BUCKET MOUNTED QUICK HITCH[for 3 point implements], FARM FORCE 6 FT 3 POINT BLADE,MARKHAM TOOTHBAR,HOMEMADE TRAILER HITCH FOR BACKHOE, HOMEMADE HEATED STEEL AND FIBERGLASS CAB,54 INCH PRONOVOST PUMA 3 POINT SNOW BLOWER,WITH HYDRAULIC CHUTE CONTROL,REAR TIRE CHAINS,UPGRADED 40 AMP ALTERNATOR,4-55W LIGHTS

Tractor
    Yanmar 2020D

Is it comfortable with the ear muffs over the ear buds?
    I love the backbeats - I use them in the car for phone calls and all weekend long for music while I am working outdoors. Throw on some ear muffs when on the tractor etc and its a nice combination. They are very comfortable and yes after 5 hours or so with ear muffs on I can feel some pressure on the ears because of the ear muffs pushing on the back beats. The only other thing that bothers me is that the back beats wrap around the back of your neck and so when I am wearing a winter coat with a stiff collar, the collar tends to move the ear buds when bending over and without ear muffs on - but isnt' everything a trade off?
    Thanks,

Scotty Dive
    Yanmar YM2020D "Git er Done Too"
    Pictures! http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=dfc00199.pbw
    Yanmar Tractor Database - Click Link, then click file and download the excel file.: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxR...it?usp=sharing

Tractor
    '11 Deere 1026R

If you have an iPhone, you're already half way there!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast