Noise cancelling earphones

/ Noise cancelling earphones #1  

wmonroe

Elite Member
Tractor
1958 Ford 961 Powermaster
Who is using noise cancelling earphones on their open station tractor? I want to get a set but want to get good ones that actually cancel out some tractor noise so I don't destroy what's left of my hearing while listening to music.
Thanks!

/ Noise cancelling earphones #3  
   / Noise cancelling earphones #5  
Not noise canceling, but have you thought about a set of Peltor (or Stihl) Worktunes?

Cheaper (and likely tougher for outside work) than the Bose. They have built in radio, or you can use an iPod for your own music

/ Noise cancelling earphones #6  
Are you wanting to listen to the FM radio or a portable music player?

I use these and plug them into my phone and listen to Pandora. Amazon.com: CAD Audio DH100 Drummer Isolation Headphones: Musical Instruments

I can hear the music while running a shredder, disc cutter, hay baler, or discing up a field. The down side to these are the padding is a little on the thin side and after 4 or 5 hours they start to press in on your ears. (that or I have big ears and normal size ears aren't affected).

After a few hours I end up adjusting them every once in a while to get it more comfortable. I wear sunglasses with them too, so that may be adding to my discomfort.

/ Noise cancelling earphones #7  
I have a set of noise canceling headphones , there made to filter out ambient background noise not high db notice like machinery or similar . A set like the St IHL or pelt or will protect your hearing or the kind with the radio/ headphone jack if you want tunes. I was just looking at a set in Walmart today am FM with aux input 22dn noise reduction. $49

/ Noise cancelling earphones #9  
I have just started thinking about a NC headset for the tractor and other equipment. I have an aviation set that I have been using for years but never thought about trying it with the tractor. This model is battery operated and has a cell phone connection. It is amazing how it cancels out noise. I use it off during engine start and for some ground operation just to listen to the engine run and any aircraft noise. Then I turn it on and all gets nice and quiet. I am going to try it with the tractor to see how it works. OP thanks for starting this thread