Need parts- Long 310 DT

/ Need parts- Long 310 DT #1  

takingiteasy101

Tractor
Long 310DT
I'm the 2nd owner, bought with just 300 hours, have relied on this tractor and it has been GREAT until a week ago; caught fire! Burned up the right side of the engine, took out the fuel system. I can purchase an owner's/maintenance manual, however, I need to locate replacement parts for the melted ones or a complete engine or a whole junk tractor. Need help in locating. Many thanks for any help!!!

/ Need parts- Long 310 DT #2  
Import Tractor Parts in Canada is your best bet. He can be hard to reach, as it is a one man show, but he is honest and he has the parts. So it is worth the chase, IMHO.

Replace that f*cking voltage regulator ASAP, and watch out for fuel leaks around your pump cover. If you have leaks, get your butt on the road and find some 3M aka Lok Rite model 18-50 gasket maker. Use the Lok Rite 18-50 only- no other gasket needed- and let it set up.

More than likely it started out as a wiring fire, unless you had a leak. Voltage regulator and what some folks will call the rectifier(forget the Long tractor nomenclature) will start getting hot, and that is your one warning.

I have the 310 manual, the 310 is the same tractor except the DT is side drive 4wd and my 310 is just a plain old 2wd 310.