Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030 loaded!

Default Re: My 4200\'s 3PH arms won\'t lift

Wishing you & your baby the best in these difficult times. Hope the bill isn't too painful

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

I had started to post a reply stating that even if the bill was a bit stout it'd be OK with me because of all these folks had given my in free help, advice and counsel in buying my tractor when my phone rang. It was the kubota store telling my my Deere is DONE! My bill? A grand total of $95.30! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I don't know what that covered, but at under a hundred bucks, I don't care, either. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

An off-color repair for under $100.......thats great [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

Jerry,

These guys are great! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I ended up writing a check for $95 even as there was tax on a $5 shop supplies charge on the bill from which I am exempt. I don't know if the $90 represented a flat fee or if it was 1.0, 1.5 or 2.0 hours and really didn't care. I was happy with the total. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

When I brought the tractor down to them yesterday (I drove it...only maybe 5/8 of a mile) the mechanics thought it would be linkage somewhere so got right on it to get me in and out. When they found nothing wrong there I ended up going into the normal queue for repair which right now is about a week. The owner then drove me back down to my property to get back to my truck. Tough to beat that kind of service. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Today during a break one of the mechanics was reading through the service manual I'd taken to them with the tractor yesterday. He decided he wanted to see if he could just open the case and find a broken part in case we needed to order something for it. He went out to the storage barn where they'd put mine awaiting its turn and opened it up.

He didn't see anything obviously broken but figured out there was a gummed up, stuck control valve. He just cleaned it up and that was all it took. He put it back together and everything worked fine. Apparently it was just dirty and that solved the problem. He said the hydraulic fluid seemed OK but that if I had that problem again he'd suggest replacing all the fluid and filters in the hydraulic system then but said he didn't really see a reason to do that now. He felt that this was likely just an incredible fluke and very unlikely to recur. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm about eighty hours away from a scheduled service whichdoesn't include hydraulic fluid and filters but I'll probably do them anyhow. I'll probably do the regular 200 hour service as well as anything listed on the 400 hour service that's not on the 200 hour list. Maintenance is cheap. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

GARY, glad it all was that simple. AIN'T IT GRAND WHEN SOMETHING GOES YOUR WAY? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor

Thanks, Frank. I agree with you on that. I need one like this every once in a while, you know? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12