From which side do you mount your tractor?

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #11  
With my JD 3720 on the left -- that's where the step is and the right side has all the levers and peddles in the way!

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #12  
I'm not sure how others define left and right. Looking at it from the rear, the right-hand side of my tractor is cluttered by the FEL control and the foot accelerator pedal.

Steve

Left and right on any machine is defined as standing behind the machine facing the normal direction of travel.
Not too many days go by in our parts department when this lesson isn't taught to somebody or other.

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #13  
Left and right on any machine is defined as standing behind the machine facing the normal direction of travel.
Not too many days go by in our parts department when this lesson isn't taught to somebody or other.

In the offroad world I've learned to say pass and driver's side when spotting. Avoids alot of confusion when you're looking at a driver saying "left" or "right". LOL I know, doesn't really aply here.

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #14  
With my JD 3720 on the left -- that's where the step is and the right side has all the levers and peddles in the way!

Same here for my 4105 & for the same reasons (FEL control). Mount my D110 from the left too, but then again I have horses.

Mind you, I should start mounting my horse from the right every now and then just to get him used to it... horses learn by repitition and have a 'left brain/right brain' set-up. :)

"Driver's side" is the right hand side down here. I've lived in Aus for over 17yrs (originally from Canada) and still, every now & then, I have a brain-fart and go to the left side of the Ute. I then mumble something about being a twit and hope nobody saw my faux pas.

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #15  
Left side. Both sides have grab handles and steps, but the right side also has the joystick that I do not want to touch if the loader is not on the ground. However, the biggest reason is that New Holland put the 4 steel hydraulic lines right next to that step, and it would be disaster if they got stepped on. To avoid any chance of that, I just made it a habit to mount from the left side only.

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #16  
I almost always mount/dismount on the left side...pretty much for the same reasons mentioned before, there's simply more stuff in the way on the right hand side. It can be a pain walking all the way around the machine again, but its a narrow squeeze between the fender and the loader joystick on my rig...steps are the same on both sides, as are the fender handles, however the left side also has an extra handle, giving a better '3 points of contact' when your boots are slippery from who knows what.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #17  
I removed the step on the right side of my LS P7010 and put a tool box there. I never got in on that side (or off) due to all the controls there. I can get on and off the B26 from either side but have to avoid hitting the FEL control lever so most times I got off on the left on that one also.

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #18  
Left side. I get off with the tractor still running frequently and I don't want to step on the gas pedal doing so.

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #19  
The top!

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #20  
Usually the "drivers" side, but occasionally the passenger side. But then I have to do a little twerking to get around the FEL stick.