From which side do you mount your tractor?

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #21  
Usually the "drivers" side, but occasionally the passenger side. But then I have to do a little twerking to get around the FEL stick.

LMAO @ 'twerking.' I knew there was another reason I mounted from the left. I wouldn't know how to 'twerk' if my life depended on it...:)

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #22  
either side. The right side of the seat has the loader control mounted there, but does not cause any issues. Oh, and by the by...i trained my horse to let me mount either side also. I really dont know why it ever became the custom to mount on only one side. The horse sure doesnt care

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #23  
Mostly on the left with my JD 870, because that's where the step is. Major exception is when it's parked on a side hill and the right side is uphill, in which case I mostly use that side.

Terry

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #24  
Mostly on the left with my JD 870, because that's where the step is. Major exception is when it's parked on a side hill and the right side is uphill, in which case I mostly use that side. Terry
ahhh, a JD870. I had one of them up till 2 years ago. Was a sweet tractor. Never let me down. And i remember that step. My wife bent it on a tree when the tractor had only a few hours on it. Never did straighten it out till i sold the tractor 10 years later hehe

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #25  
Usually the "drivers" side, but occasionally the passenger side. But then I have to do a little twerking to get around the FEL stick.

As they say: pics or it didn't happen. *grin*

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #26  
Left and right on any machine is defined as standing behind the machine facing the normal direction of travel.
Not too many days go by in our parts department when this lesson isn't taught to somebody or other.
Always from the operators perspective. How could this be such a big Duh? The "not a clue" syndrome? Lack of "search for clue" reflex? :confused2:

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #27  
either side. The right side of the seat has the loader control mounted there, but does not cause any issues. Oh, and by the by...i trained my horse to let me mount either side also. I really dont know why it ever became the custom to mount on only one side. The horse sure doesnt care
The custom of mounting on the left, originated from mounted cavalry, Crusaders, Spanairds; etc. They carried their swords mainly on their right sides and mounting on the left made things easier. BTW, I mount my Kubota on the left side.

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #28  
I'm scrawny enough to easily fit past the controls but always mount from the left anyway, for fear she'll buck me off.

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #29  
The custom of mounting on the left, originated from mounted cavalry, Crusaders, Spanairds; etc. They carried their swords mainly on their right sides and mounting on the left made things easier. BTW, I mount my Kubota on the left side.
Wow. That would really get in the way it seems.

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #30  
When I had my CK20 I almost always got on and off the left because the loader control was in the way. One day at the end of a long day I was stretching fence with the tractor and the fence kept getting caught on roots. I would get off, walk around the tractor, loosen the fence from the roots and walk back around the tractor. After about the third time instead of getting off the left, i stepped off the right. As I was stepping off, my denim short pants leg got caught on the loader handle. I then fell / jumped the rest of the way off and in the process popped the loader handle out of the valve. I ended up having to load up the tractor and haul it nearly an hour to the dealer to get new upgraded parts installed on my loader valve and handle.
I have a different tractor now, but I get off the and on the left side.