From which side do you mount your tractor?

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #1  

OldMcDonald

Platinum Member
Tractor
None
This is not a critical question to answer, but I have been on and off the tractor many times today and idle curiosity made me wonder whether people always mount from the left as they would a horse. If I approach the tractor from the left or directly in front or behind then that is what I do, but if I approach it from the right (not often except in the field) then I do not walk around to mount from the left. I would if it was a horse!!

Edit: After I posted I was presented with a list of similar threads, and see it has been discussed twice in the last eight years. Apologies to those who responded then.

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #2  
On my DK-40 it is easy to mount on either side. On my Massey its either side, On my Ventrac it the left side.

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #3  
Everything else being equal, I get on the BX from the left as there is no FEL lever in the way. But most of the times are not equal. Then the terrain decides which side I use.

On the larger old tractors I usually got on from the left rear.

Bruce

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #4  
On the left side of the L3540 because that's where the step in located, but I guess is could have been or could be moved to right-side-----------humn I don't know that answer.
DevilDog

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #5  
Either side. If I'm just walking up to the machine and not paying attention, I generally go to the left side. Whether that's cause it's how I was taught to mount a horse, or that's where the driver's door of a pickup or car is, or whether it's due to being easier to get on without going around the HST & FEL controls I'm not sure. I don't over-think my actions that much and I get on and off both sides enough I don't think I have a preference...

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #6  
Left side on both of mine.. because of the FEL operator and foot accelerator pedal.. Lou

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #7  
Left side on both of mine.. because of the FEL operator and foot accelerator pedal.. Lou

Same on both of mine, can't get on from the right because of FEL controls, for that matter its the same for the dozer, hydraulic fluid tank in the way on the right.

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #8  

I'm not sure how others define left and right. Looking at it from the rear, the right-hand side of my tractor is cluttered by the FEL control and the foot accelerator pedal.

Steve

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #9  
On the right. Because the grab handle on the left is (very) insecure and could come away in my hand and put me on my ***. :)

/ From which side do you mount your tractor? #10  
Driver's side : ) Of course, if I narrow it like I'd like to do, then I'd have the option of either side.