What tires work best in the snow for my Kubota BX- turf or R4's?

/ What tires work best in the snow for my Kubota BX- turf or R4's? #1  

bx25d

Tractor
BX2360
So I own a Kubota BX2360 with the front mounted snow blower. I have a set of turf tires and a set of R4 tires with beet juice in the rears for ballast. I recently just purchased this tractor and have not used it yet in the snow. I like having the ballast with the R4's but I'm thinking the turf might actually get better traction in the snow and ice. I might need to add a ballast box on the 3pt if I go with the turf tires. What does everyone recommend? Thanks, Paul

/ What tires work best in the snow for my Kubota BX- turf or R4's? #2  
I have turf tires that are loaded and also a ballast box that I use with the front mount snowblower.

/ What tires work best in the snow for my Kubota BX- turf or R4's? #3  
Chains . I wont even try to move snow without them.

/ What tires work best in the snow for my Kubota BX- turf or R4's? #4  
I have unloaded turfs with a 3 point blower and FEL. Used on a paved driveway I have no need for chains.

/ What tires work best in the snow for my Kubota BX- turf or R4's? #5  
I have a 2660 with turf tires not filled, no ballast box and have not had a traction problem for the last 2 winters. I think you would be better off with the turf tires than the R4's.

/ What tires work best in the snow for my Kubota BX- turf or R4's? #6  
I got turfs on my BX. Ran first winter without rimguard, and ran rest with rimguard. I can tell you that in wet, heavy snow over grass or snow pack, rim guard seems to help. I wouldnt go back to being unloaded. I use a FEL mounted plow and not snow blower so it takes more traction and opposiing forces then snowblower. I think you will be fine with either using a snowblower.

/ What tires work best in the snow for my Kubota BX- turf or R4's? #7  
turf is better than R4 in most snow conditions and much better on ice. However if you get real ice or the type of snow that packs immediately to ice when run over then neither will do anything and then you'll need chains. I found out the hard way last winter (loaded turfs) and got stuck on the bottom of a steep hill and only a shovel and a lot of salt got me out.

/ What tires work best in the snow for my Kubota BX- turf or R4's? #8  
Turfs on hard packed and ice, R4s in deep snow. Pick your poison. ;)

/ What tires work best in the snow for my Kubota BX- turf or R4's?
Thanks everyone for their thoughts… looks like turfs are the way to go.

/ What tires work best in the snow for my Kubota BX- turf or R4's? #10  
Thanks everyone for their thoughts… looks like turfs are the way to go.

I think the general idea is that turf tires have more "edges" to create traction. Weight is good, chains are great. But if you can make do with straight turfs, that is ideal.