Driving tractor on the highway

/ Driving tractor on the highway
Thanks for the tips there, Gary.

I will have to take some video to show you all next time I'm on the road. Probably this weekend.

/ Driving tractor on the highway #22  
I run the highways/FM roads a lot up to 16mph to my lease place around 10miles,it rides smooth,my rears are loaded also...

/ Driving tractor on the highway #23  
check the air pressure in your tires.an if they are low air them up to your book specs for your tractor.

check the air pressure in your tires.an if they are low air them up to your book specs for your tractor.

On that note... here's a question I have wondered... do you fill your tires with air even if they are already filled with water / antifreeze?

/ Driving tractor on the highway #25  
Yes..

/ Driving tractor on the highway #27  
On that note... here's a question I have wondered... do you fill your tires with air even if they are already filled with water / antifreeze?

Filled rear tires aren't 100% liquid...it's normally between 50% and 75%. That air volume has to be regulated as well...just jack the rear of your tractor (draw bar bracket is a good place) so the bottom of the tires are about 1/4 inch off the ground. Then rotate the tire so the valve is at 12:00 O'Clock and check the pressure. It's better to use an air-liquid tire gage for this.

Filled rear tires aren't 100% liquid...it's normally between 50% and 75%. That air volume has to be regulated as well...just jack the rear of your tractor (draw bar bracket is a good place) so the bottom of the tires are about 1/4 inch off the ground. Then rotate the tire so the valve is at 12:00 O'Clock and check the pressure. It's better to use an air-liquid tire gage for this.

Tell you what... buying a bigger, heavier tractor last month sure has led to me having to buy bigger and heavier shop tools! :laughing:

Not sure my Craftsman floor jack is gonna get the rear end up off the ground with all the weight back there! :D

...and I need a bigger socket set, too!

Now an air-liquid tire gauge, ha!

/ Driving tractor on the highway #29  
You prolly dont need to jack it.. just get the valve to the 12 o'clock position and see if liquid comes pouring out.

/ Driving tractor on the highway #30  
We have 6 tractors and 2 combines that are frequently on the road and wheel hop is present on all of them. Our largest combine with 30.5 x 32 bias ply tires is the worst for flat spotting. After making the turn onto the highway starting out on a cold day it feels like a clown car with off center rims, but it improves as I drive; however, it is never perfect. We have 2 John Deeres, one New Holland, and one Kubota with radials and they all have out of round tires to some degree. The tolerance is surprisingly large. I no longer have access to the Tire and Rim Association standards - they give the allowance tire makers must adhere to so people designing the equipment have limits to work with. Tractor tires are no where close to truck and car tires.