tool question.

/ tool question. #1  

skytime24

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS G3038, stihl fs90, stihl ms290, snapper riding mower, Honda gcv160, Yamaha g9 golf cart
So I'm picking up my new tractor Wednesday with loader, I know I need to check all the bolts. I'm going to Lowes today I'm pretty sure I need a torque wrench that let's you set the psi on the bolts right? What size sockets do I need for it and what other basic tractor tools do I need. I already have basic household tools.

Thanks

/ tool question. #2  
I would advise waiting until you read the owner's manual to determine your torque wrench needs (in terms of ft. lbs.). You should be able to handle most tasks with 1/2" and 3/8" socket sets. You can buy additional sockets as needed if you do not already have them in your collection. Depending on the tractor, you may need a set of allen wrenches. Chances are that all of the fittings will be metric. Buy a grease gun now. Later on you will need filter wrenches if you do your own servicing.

Steve

Last edited:
   / tool question.
OK thank you will do, gotta go to Lowes anyways

/ tool question. #4  
So, what are you getting for a tractor?

/ tool question.
I gotta get air filters for the ac unit a battery for the ole snapper and some wood puddy

/ tool question.
Just seeing if I needed to pick up any tools for my tractor

/ tool question. #8  
If you have a Harbor Freight nearby, I'd suggest stopping in there and look at their tools. They are inexpensive, but quite satisfactory for somebody who doesn't make their living twisting wrenches. I've been happy with every tool I've bought from them.

Last edited:
   / tool question. #10  
Ya might consider a fire extinguisher to mount on tractor . Not a bad idea as many here would confirm .