insurance?

/ insurance? #1  

allen6634

Silver Member
Tractor
600 ford
have been thinking about a new tractor and i got too thinkng (witch is never a good thing lol) is there a way to insure a tractor?

/ insurance? #3  
We had State Farm, for home and auto, and they wouldn't cover the tractor. So we switched our home and auto to Farm Bureau. They offered us a seperate inland marine policy to cover the tractor wherever I went with it. The issue with a homeowner's rider is that it will only cover the tractor on the property covered by the policy. If you take it out on the road to access another part of your property or help a neighbor, and something happens to it, you're on your own.

/ insurance? #4  
It depends on what you mean by insurance. There are lots of types. If the tractor is bought on time, your loan usually requires you to have ' insurance ' to protect the asset for the person loaning you the money. If you are talking about damage you may do WITH the tractor, your home owners policy USUALLY covers this on your own property. If you are talking about driving over to your neighbors to help him do something, you almost always have to get extra coverage to protect you if you are sued, and just driving it off your property is usually not covered by the first two types [ which is also true about your lawn tractor/ ATV / snowmobile/etc ]... It's fun, isn't it....??? :)

/ insurance? #5  
We had State Farm, for home and auto, and they wouldn't cover the tractor.

My daughter & I co-own a Kubota M7040 and she has it insured with State Farm. I have my shack(metal building I sleep in) and remainder of farm equipment insured for comprehensive with Germania.

/ insurance? #6  
My daughter & I co-own a Kubota M7040 and she has it insured with State Farm. I have my shack(metal building I sleep in) and remainder of farm equipment insured for comprehensive with Germania.

Same here, have had SF for years.

/ insurance? #7  
My farm liability, structures, implements, dump trailer, UTV and tractor are all insured with State Farm.

This is not a recommendation but it was like hunting hen's teeth to find a company that would insure this stuff - especially without my living on the farm. FYI, the tractor is covered anywhere within 200 miles of the farm.