what older cab tractor to buy

/ what older cab tractor to buy #1  

redorangeblue

Tractor
ih 574, farmall 100, cub
I'm looking for an older cab tractor between 80 and 110 hp. I need something with enough room for my 2 year old to ride with me. Something with no controls on the left side so I can mount a home made buddy seat over the fender possible. Any ideas? John Deere cost to much. I'm thinking about a white but not sure of the control layout or if the cab would be big enough. I can add my own ac. Thanks

/ what older cab tractor to buy #2  
look at the older fords like the 8210s.

/ what older cab tractor to buy #3  
There are a lot of IH 986, 1086, 1486 and Case 1070's around this area with plenty of hours but still going.

/ what older cab tractor to buy #4  
You still might want to keep Deere in mind, a lot of 30 and 40 series around here. A friend of mine found a Deere 4230 for $5000.00. Now that was an outstanding deal, but you never know if you don't look.

Some of the older tractors had after market cabs, make sure you check the mounts. I've seen a lot of all colors that the cab mounts were cracked or broken.

/ what older cab tractor to buy #5  
G'day 86 series Inter no good as the gearshift is on the left but if you want to go earlier the 66 series is on the right of the dash and the 88 series it is on the right also most of the fords I have seen are on the right of the seat, Massey's like the 2640 are on the left hand side

Jon

/ what older cab tractor to buy #6  
G'day 86 series Inter no good as the gearshift is on the left but if you want to go earlier the 66 series is on the right of the dash and the 88 series it is on the right also most of the fords I have seen are on the right of the seat, Massey's like the 2640 are on the left hand side

Jon

Aren't the shifters on the dash though of the 86 series? I don't think that would be in the way of a buddy seat.

/ what older cab tractor to buy #7  
Aren't the shifters on the dash though of the 86 series? I don't think that would be in the way of a buddy seat.

I agree with banjodunn in that the gear shift levers on the left on an 86 series would prevent a buddy seat. I plowed one time for my friend with his 986 and I told him never again. It had gear shifts on left and scv down next to floorboard on the right side. Every time I plowed for him after that I had my JD 4255 under me.

/ what older cab tractor to buy #8  
Ihave never run an IH, that did not take a 2' cheater to shift. Look for a 40 series Deere with hydraulic seat . The left armrest folds down and makes a pretty decent seat for a kid . My wife would ride and said it was not bad .