135 clutch

/ 135 clutch #1  

plunger

Tractor
mf135
I hope someone can assist me. I have rebuilt a massey 135 and have got to installing the cluttch plate assembly. I bolted the assembly onto the flywheel but in ignorance and haste did not realize the pto pressure plate has 3 ears that were not lined up in their slots.I managed to break the pressure plate cover. So after an expensive lesson I am nervous to do something else wrong.I am struggling with the adjustment. My dual clutch is a 9 and 11 inch type but has only 6 red springs. I notice it has place for 12 of the coil springs.
I have adjusted the pto bolts to 0.60 but the book says 0.20. I was told on older tractors its better to do this. MY biggest concern is the adjustment of the three finger bolts that press on the release bearing.I dont understand the function of the springs that wrap around the fingers as they seem to be under no tension, whatever way you press the fingers. I have adjusted the fingers evenly to each other but the underneath of the fingers where the locking bolts go through are only 10mm away from the pto rivits. Is there such a small amount of play on these clutches.? I was reading that some mechanics put 8mm washers between the flywheel and pressure plate to compensate for this but I am not sure what to do now Thanks

/ 135 clutch #2  
G'day Plunger I am struggling to picture what adjustment you have made can you put some pics up showing what you have adjusted because from you say on the plate to bolt clearance something is not right.

Jon

/ 135 clutch
I will try and get some pics but I will try explain better. The three bolts that you can adjust to prevent the pto clutch's movement have been adjusted to 1.3mm. These are the ones that can be adjusted while the tractor is together by working through the bell housing. I am referring to the three fingers, They have adjustment bolts on the end of the fingers and it shows a tool that looks like a piece of steel cut in the shape of a U. I dont understand where to take this measurement.My adjustment of these bolts on the end of the fingers are all the same in length but these bolts or rather the underside of the fingers where the bolts go through are very close to the rivits of the pto.It looks like if the clutch was engaged the release bearing can only travel 10mm before these three fingers would hit the rivits of the pto friction plate.

/ 135 clutch #4  
G'day Plunger sorry but I just went to get the shop manual and the folder I want is not there :pullinghair: I will have to wait til the boss gets back from holidays next week to ask him where it is, hopefully someone here can help in the meantime.

Jon