An easier way to refuel your tractor

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #22  
if too-fast pumping gets you in trouble, consider an auto-shutoff nozzle

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor
JoeL -Dont really think you need to spend the money on an auto shut off nozzle as you can easily control the flow rate from this pump. Or better yet, just dont pump it like a maniac and you wont have to worry about overfilling your tractor!

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #24  
Looks like it would work pretty good but very pricey.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #25  
Looks like it would work pretty good but very pricey.

Not if you compare it to a fixed installation (say a 200+ gallon tank).
Also, IF this is a durable pump and tank (which is to be determined), this would be quite reasonable when looking at the return on investment over 5 years.
Now, if it fails (starts leaking, pump efficiency drops) in 6 months or a year...then it would be an expensive situation.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #26  
By chance does the pump fit a Blitz can and the tank insert tube be trimmed back? It seems someone would market something like that. The shaker tube is real simple but you still need to lift the can.

Last edited:
   / An easier way to refuel your tractor
Hey Tom-

Not sure what a blitz can was so I looked it up. While you could trim the pump tube easily enough, Flo Fast does offer different tube lengths for 5, 7.5 and 15 gallon tanks. The bigger problem I see is that the pump is designed to fit fuel jugs / race jugs that have quite a large opening. From what I can tell, the Blitz can does not have this same type of opening.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #28  
JoeL -Dont really think you need to spend the money on an auto shut off nozzle as you can easily control the flow rate from this pump. Or better yet, just dont pump it like a maniac and you wont have to worry about overfilling your tractor!

If (a) you're short like me, and (b) you don't want to elevate the jug (which would obviate the need for a pump, a siphon would do), and (c) your fuel tank is high, and therefore, (d) you can't see into the tank to gauge the fill then, yes, the one-time/lifetime purchase of an auto-shutoff nozzle seems to make sense (to me but, of course, not to everyone)

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #29  
If (a) you're short like me, and (b) you don't want to elevate the jug (which would obviate the need for a pump, a siphon would do), and (c) your fuel tank is high, and therefore, (d) you can't see into the tank to gauge the fill then, yes, the one-time/lifetime purchase of an auto-shutoff nozzle seems to make sense (to me but, of course, not to everyone)

One my tractors has the fill spout up high to the rear of the tractor, behind the seat. When the backhoe is attached, it is hard to hold at the correct height and angle.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #30  
One my tractors has the fill spout up high to the rear of the tractor, behind the seat. When the backhoe is attached, it is hard to hold at the correct height and angle.

Every company's tractor design engineers should have to refuel each of their tractor models using a 5 gallon can, with no ladders, hoses, pumps, or platforms. Even engineers can learn by experience. :)

Bruce