/ I need a bigger 'you know what' #1  

Mrwurm

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower
I need a bigger \'you know what\'

A bigger tractor ? Maybe. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A bigger 3pt carryall ? For sure /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

My wife recieved some 'free' rocks from the contractor working the property behind my house. Not quite sure why we needed more rocks, but the wife can't turn down anything that's free.

So, here's what a 3pt carryall looks like when you find the structural limitation. Sure could have used a 'risk manager' before I embarked on this project.

All things considered, I'm glad that the $60 implement gave out before something more expensive.

Attachments

• 323906-DCP_0618.JPG
    323906-DCP_0618.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 1,317
   / I need a bigger 'you know what'
Re: I need a bigger \'you know what\'

Here's a close up of the damage. The damage looks localized, but it's really twisted all over. I don't think I can bend it back into shape without a big fire.

Attachments

• 323907-DCP_0619.JPG
    323907-DCP_0619.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 779
   / I need a bigger 'you know what' #3  

Ain't it the truth that price and convenience are nearly always inversely related! I get free rocks and firewood up the hillside and free sand down the road where the culverts silt up, but boy does it take a long time to move that free stuff to where I can use it! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Now and then I'll pay to have a truckload of sand dumped conveniently in my driveway. Sure makes life simpler...but then I sulk at what it cost me!

Pete

Here's the rock that did the damage. Or was it the operator? I'll have to think about that.

I lost a battle but ended up winning the war by wrapping a chain around it and dragging it about 100ft.

Attachments

• 323909-DCP_0620.JPG
    323909-DCP_0620.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 862

I checked the local tractor yard looking for a replacement for the carryall. All they have is the wimpy kind that I just bent up. They said they don't know of any heavier models. I was looking to put cat 1 pins in a cat2 implement. But, they said they've never seen a cat2 carryall /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh ya, there's also another rock I need to move. It's about three times bigger than the one that nearly beat me. I've already tried moving it with a chain. I hooked up in various places and pulled from various angles.

That rock is not gonna budge. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifI'm definately gonna need a bigger tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ I need a bigger 'you know what' #7  

Here is one of our member's carryalls..He also has installed casters underneath so that it can be rolled around when not hooked to the tractor..With the box on it, you will not pick up more than it can handle.. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Attachments

• 323914-KB\'s Box.jpg
    323914-KB\'s Box.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 684
   / I need a bigger 'you know what' #8  

Why don't you remove the pin, hammer the bent piece back in shape, and scab weld a piece of angle over it to beef it up?

For symmetry, you could do that on the other side as well. Even if you paid someone to weld it, shouldn't cost as much as a new one.

Best wishes,
Ron

/ I need a bigger 'you know what' #9  

Suggest to the wife that she bake the contractor some cookies and have them deliver the rocks. If they got the equipment to do it with, it would be a great deal for you.

The contractor did deliver the rocks. He used a wheeled loader with about a ten yard bucket. He just did'nt put them in the final locations. I'll have to ask him to move and position the bigger one for sure.

They dug up a rock that was bigger than my car. My wife asked for that one too. No answer yet on that one.

I'm gonna try to bend the carryall back into shape. But, it's bent in a lot more places than what's shown in the attachment. If I can straighten it to a reasonable degree, then I will weld it up to be stronger.