Disposing of used hydraulic oil

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #11  
My friend just put a wood stove in his shop and told me back in the summer he was going to put oil drip on it so I stopped taking my used oil to AZ and started saving it and Saturday he came and picked up about 8 gallons of my used oil. He has it hooked and working.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #12  
Advanced auto took 12 gallons from me in one stop. No paper work, nothing to sign, just dump it in there bulk tank.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #13  
Southern Recycling in Carbondale used to take waste oil. Might give them a call and see if they will take it. 618.549.2880

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #14  
I used to send my wife to dispose oil. All made up and in miniskirt. For her there was no limit.
But now I found a shop in town that has oil burning heater. The guy will take any amount as long as there is room in his tank.
Ask around. Many machine shops, car service stations, tire shops etc have oil burning furnaces.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #15  
I always seem to have plenty of brush piles to use all my waste oil and dirty solvents on. It works just as well as diesel for no cost.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #16  
I'm like griff01, wish you were closer... My waste oil furnace LOVES hydraulic oil..!! Place an ad on Craigslist for free, or whatever... Bet you'll get more than several calls..!!

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil

That's what frost me. These pointed head environmentalist create these issues with no alternatives. And it makes me mad.

I did find a TSC store that says they will look the other way when I pour over 5 gal into their waste container.....finally some common sense. He said customers who change out oil in any of their farm equipment go over the 5 gal limit.....and the used oil needs to go somewhere. But those pointed heads don't cover those issues.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #19  
I buy my Deere oils in plastic jugs about 2 1/2 gallon size then use the old hydraulic oil for bar and chain oil. Usually I pass a few jugs to the local tree cutters too. Any extra oil I have goes to the local Ford dealer for their shop heater.