Disposing of used hydraulic oil

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #32  
I was wondering how hydraulic oil would work as chainsaw bar lube. I was worried that it wouldn't be sticky enough, but your experience has been good??
Neighbor growing up used to get used hydraulic fluid from work and run it for bar oil. Never heard of him having any problems.
Our Kubota dealer has a used oil heater for his shop and they will take as much as we want to send.

Aaron Z

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #33  
A buddy of mine runs it mixed with various other oils (including used motor oi) in his 96 Dodge dually with a 12 valve Cummins Diesel Engine. He bought that truck from me with 320k miles on it. He now has over 450k on it running waste oil.

I replaced the 96 Dodge with a 06. No way would I run wast oil in that 06 engine.

Tim

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #34  
Neighbor growing up used to get used hydraulic fluid from work and run it for bar oil. Never heard of him having any problems.
Our Kubota dealer has a used oil heater for his shop and they will take as much as we want to send.

Aaron Z

One of the reasons I prefer the hydraulic oil opposed to motor oil is that it is much cleaner in appearance. At least I don't have to buy chain lube My chains and bars seem to last a long time so I don't see any problems with using hydraulic oil so far.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #35  
A buddy of mine runs it mixed with various other oils (including used motor oi) in his 96 Dodge dually with a 12 valve Cummins Diesel Engine. He bought that truck from me with 320k miles on it. He now has over 450k on it running waste oil.

I replaced the 96 Dodge with a 06. No way would I run wast oil in that 06 engine.

Tim

Some of those cummins can run for many miles. Even better if they run on free fuel.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #36  
Look for someone with an old dump truck or end of life backhoe currently filled with 'soupy milk' and give it to them then they can mess with getting rid of what they are currently running. My F700 flat bed dump hydraulic tank holes 25 gallons and would gladly get rid of the crud in it if I had some relative clear UTF. :)

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #37  
Buddy put a 5 gal jug in the back of his truck and after a bumpy ride, it was empty when he got to the recycle station. oops.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil
Buddy put a 5 gal jug in the back of his truck and after a bumpy ride, it was empty when he got to the recycle station. oops.

Yet another way of getting rid of it. How many could there be?

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #39  
Yet another way of getting rid of it. How many could there be?

How about the innumerable rags he used to wipe out the bed and back of his truck ?

This is also the same guy that decided to drag race a young kid in an import car with "fart can muffler" on the way back from filling up TWO 5 gal jugs of diesel. He said there was maybe a gallon left total in both jugs when he got home and remembered they were back there. Some people never learn!

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #40  
How about the innumerable rags he used to wipe out the bed and back of his truck ?

This is also the same guy that decided to drag race a young kid in an import car with "fart can muffler" on the way back from filling up TWO 5 gal jugs of diesel. He said there was maybe a gallon left total in both jugs when he got home and remembered they were back there. Some people never learn!
Sounds like he needs to put lids on his jugs...

Aaron Z