Disposing of used hydraulic oil

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #41  
Sounds like he needs to put lids on his jugs...

Aaron Z

Actually, he needs to stop hitting corners hard at greater than the posted limit and going full on "the loud peddle" then the binders.....

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #42  
Actually, he needs to stop hitting corners hard at greater than the posted limit and going full on "the loud peddle" then the binders.....

Growing up usually helps with this over time.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #43  
That too, but if the jugs were properly capped, they shouldn't leak even if he is performing acrobatics in his vehicle.

Aaron Z

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #44  
That too, but if the jugs were properly capped, they shouldn't leak even if he is performing acrobatics in his vehicle.

Aaron Z

All he needs to do is buy some of these new fangled EPA-approved fuel cans we have to use for refilling lawn mowers and power equipment. I can't get any fuel out of the darned things even when I'm TRYING to.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #45  
i take mine to the dump i would take it to my friend who used a burnner but now he retired.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #46  
Growing up usually helps with this over time.

He's in his 70's now.... doubt he will ever "grow up" when it comes to that long skinny peddle on the right! Every vehicle he drives gets run up to the red line in at least 3 gears every time he runs one. He's that old guy at the light that simply won't let you go around in front of him. And some how, he still has his license and no points on it!

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #47  
You CAN add it to your oil tank for your home furnace, at least in small amounts. But filter it first!

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #48  
In the old days it worked good for keeping the dust down on the roads.....a no no now?

I remember my grandfather in Michigan put any used oil on the dirt road in front of his house. I imagine the EPA would be right behind anyone doing it now. (Of course, at the time my grandmother cooked on a woodstove and they had an outhouse.)

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #49  
Oil, or tar, is still used for dust control.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #50  
Oil, or tar, is still used for dust control.

It's specialized and approved stuff. A company I worked for got in trouble for dumping 55 gallons of used motor oil in a sand pit-in Ohio-more than 30 years ago.