Disposing of used hydraulic oil

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #1  

jcummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, F3680, Mule Pro Fxt
Bought a Kubota M7040, and want to change both hydraulic filters and fluid.

I normally take my used oil to OReilly, and they will accept hydraulic oil, but their reporting process allows only 5 gallon at a time.

SO....I got a full 5 gallon of used motor oil that I need to take now. AND, I'll have 12 gallons of hydraulic oil in a few days. How to get rid of it, given these ridiculous bureaucratic used oil controls?

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #2  
try autozone.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #3  
Tractor Supply here will take 10 gallons a day.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #4  
Buy youself a Tiki Torch or an old Highway flare and burn it.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #6  
Wish you were in southern Oklahoma. I have a waste oil burning heater and no limits!

Griff

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil
Buy youself a Tiki Torch or an old Highway flare and burn it.

At their burn rate....I'd be refilling it 2-3 times a day......unless I had a king size torch of some kind.

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil
Wish you were in southern Oklahoma. I have a waste oil burning heater and no limits!

Griff

HA...the best solution yet. How about moving to southern Illinois?

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #9  
Around here AZ, Advanced, and O'Riley's are less than a mile apart and if I had to, I could split it up between them. Fortunately, they've never limited me!

/ Disposing of used hydraulic oil #10  

Griff

That's where mine goes. There are two 55 gal barrels at the town recycle shed to dump it in, or just pour it back in the containers it came in and set them next to the barrels. The waste oil furnace owners love it.