Cant hook up bushhog..

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #31  
I store mine on pvc pipe which makes it very easy to move around to hook it back up. I can do it with one finger.

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #32  
I grew up farming and it is a learned skill. I use the tractor to move the implement if needed, if I can get one lift arm hooked up, I can move it enough to line everything else up. I also put TnT on my last new tractor and that is even easier.

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #33  
I set my hog on blocks. It has to sit outside, so it keeps the front off the ground and makes it easy to go around it with the weed whip. The raised height will probably work in your favor for getting it connected.

It would be worth your while to get/make a heavy duty dolly, lay a piece of scrap plywood or what you have under it, and rest the front of the mower on the dolly next time you take it off the tractor.

That's what I do--my hog rests on four 4x4 blocks each about 18" long.

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #34  
Back when Dad was alive we farmed Dad had the best way to hook up 3pt hitch stuff, he had me! :(

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #35  
I like the Carter units. No need to change top links or drive$hafts. Get the lower links just below the pins and back up to "push" the hog just a little, then raise the links - you're hooked.
Jim

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #36  
I like the Carter units. No need to change top links or drive$hafts. Get the lower links just below the pins and back up to "push" the hog just a little, then raise the links - you're hooked.
Jim

Yep I used those for a couple of years, and they work pretty well, and are easy for the reasons you stated.. I have telescoping links now, and decided I didn't need them and gave them to my BIL for his L3200. (fixed links and turnbuckles. blah.:yuck:) But with Carters you are pretty well fixed up in seconds.

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #37  
Back when Dad was alive we farmed Dad had the best way to hook up 3pt hitch stuff, he had me! :(

Heheheheh.... I remember that job very well. 8N, 641, 861.

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #38  
All my implements are on cement floor. Except for the back blade which is light and easily moved, I have all of them on castors and/or dollies where appropriate. The bush hog has a 2x6 underneath its front end when parked. The 2x6 has 2 sets of castors on each side with 3 castors each side so it'll sit without falling even when the bush hog isn't on it. I've 2 little metal angles at the ends of the 2x6 on top to designate where the bush hog has to be placed. It's dirt easy to roll the bush hog into place and to connect the arms, etc.

I remember the first time I struggled when I just dropped the new bush hog onto the ground, to get it back on. Never again.

Ralph

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #39  
All my implements are on cement floor. Except for the back blade which is light and easily moved, I have all of them on castors and/or dollies where appropriate. The bush hog has a 2x6 underneath its front end when parked. The 2x6 has 2 sets of castors on each side with 3 castors each side so it'll sit without falling even when the bush hog isn't on it. I've 2 little metal angles at the ends of the 2x6 on top to designate where the bush hog has to be placed. It's dirt easy to roll the bush hog into place and to connect the arms, etc.

I remember the first time I struggled when I just dropped the new bush hog onto the ground, to get it back on. Never again.

Ralph

oh well, now that just takes all of the "fun" out of it.

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #40  
I store mine on pvc pipe which makes it very easy to move around to hook it back up. I can do it with one finger.

Mine is 11-1200 pounds with the safety chains and on un-even gravel in the barn -- pretty sure that wouldn't work out. But I bet for lighter implements on smooth cement, it works slick. But a slightly more expensive iron pipe would probably be more prudent. PVC shatters at the worst times.