Cant hook up bushhog..

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #41  
When I bought my last compact tractor I made sure that I had top and tilt,telescopic links and the IMatch setup. I retired the pinch bar and heavy hammers, don't need to worry about blocks or perfect landing pads for the implements anymore. Rarely does it take more than a minute or two to change between implements.

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #42  
Mine is 11-1200 pounds with the safety chains and on un-even gravel in the barn -- pretty sure that wouldn't work out. But I bet for lighter implements on smooth cement, it works slick. But a slightly more expensive iron pipe would probably be more prudent. PVC shatters at the worst times.

I had to build a low wooden platform. I use 1 inch pvc with my heavy duty 5 foot bush hog.

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #43  
After 20 years of using a tractor and I change a lot of implements daily, my best advise is to is to spend the money(less than $200.00) and buy a set of Pat's Quick Hitch. You will save banging your fingers and aggravation involved in equipment changes.

/ Cant hook up bushhog.. #44  
I set the front of the hog on some 2x6 blocks, usually three under each side. If you can get one pin in, you've got it beat. There's usually a piece of 2x4 around for a lever, and grabbing the tailwheel to swing the front a little bit works too. Brute strength and ignorance seems to be the order of the day..

Sean