What hydraulic oil do you use?

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #11  
yep.. check the higher end tractor supply oil. I believe their high end one is utd compliant.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #12  
Not sure if it is the same for Kubotas, but on my Deere I was getting squealing when I applied the brakes. After changing hydraulic fluid, with John Deere brand, the squealing went away. The dealer told me that there is an additive in the hydraulic fluid that stops the squealing. You might want to check if Kubota is the same.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #13  
Not sure if it is the same for Kubotas, but on my Deere I was getting squealing when I applied the brakes. After changing hydraulic fluid, with John Deere brand, the squealing went away. The dealer told me that there is an additive in the hydraulic fluid that stops the squealing. You might want to check if Kubota is the same.

Wow, 1st post with a member from 2005! You should Welcome Me.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use?
I stopped by the Kubota dealer that I called on the pricing, to get filters. I looked around and all I saw was SUDT. I ask the kid behind the counter with the metal ring in his eyebrow, that I was the guy who called about hydraulic oil prices. "Is the price you gave me for UDT, actually for SUDT" ... I don't think he even knew what UDT was, because that Kubota dealer didn't have any. Come to find out the $99.99 price was for 5 gal ON SALE, normally something like $129.99 he said. That dealer needs to hire someone that has some idea about tractors/oils/etc....someone that knows more other than to read a price list in from of them.

If I had an HST...I would want SUDT, but with a REULAR price that high....kind of rough.

I'm going to probably end up buying the TSC oil, since I can dispose of my old oil there...no questions on the amount of oil.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #15  
I use the fluid from Sam's Club UDT $43.00 per 5 gal. Been using it for with good results.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #16  
I use NAPA 85-475 fluid in my L2900 gear and it works just fine. I also used it in my Kioti CK20 gear with no issues.
I don't remember what it cost but I think it was about the same as Tractor supply. The NAPA store is on the way home from work and they treat me well.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #17  
I have a stock of Super Premium Universal Hydraulic fluid from Atwoods Farm and Ranch (likely similar to TSC brand). It is supposedly UDT compliant along with just about every other oil for most tractors ( NH, Case, JD, Caterpillar, Kubota, IH etc.)that uses a common sump for hydraulic /transmission with wet brakes. I think I paid $39 per 5 gallon can. My local Kubota dealer, last time I was in a year or more ago, didn't stock SUDT and said it was a waste of money for our climate. I bought the UDT for my RTV 900 50 hour service but next oil change on any of my stuff will be the Super Premium for everything, HST and gear. Physical properties like pour ability seem the same for these oils as UDT.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use?
Well deed is done, I bought TSC Traveller brand, UDT compliant....and I hit a sale at $34.99 for 5 gallon can.

Main reason I did that, is the price, but also TSC would take all the old oil back in one shot.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #19  
Sounds like it worked out well. I went to one of the local Kubota dealers recently and asked for Super UDT. They only had UDT and told me that they use it in all the Kubota tractors regardless of model, age or transmission type. Hmmmm, I know some of them supposedly require Super UDT, but I don't know what the difference is between UDT and Super UDT.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #20  
How much oil do you have to add to that tractor every year ? Overall when you add the purchase and all operating costs of that tractor . Saving $10,$20 or $30 on a pail of oil is neither here nor there.
Be wary of universal oil from Bubba's discount lube and parts store. Counterfeit lubricants, filters and fasteners are a common and serious problem.
Do you want to risk adding ordinary mineral oil in a fancy pail into your tractor's wet friction material system?