What hydraulic oil do you use?

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #1  

jcummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, F3680, Mule Pro Fxt
I want to replace the hydraulic oil in a recently purchased M7040.
The local Kubota dealer quoted me $99.99 for 5 gal Kubota UDT. THAT ain't going to happen.

Checking around, price varies a great deal....and I they don't give you the details of what the label says and whether it's up to UDT specs. The other specs vary as to the type of spec it is, making it difficult to compare brands.

SO....what's everyone using. This tractor btw does not require or need SUDT.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #2  
Do they recommend UDT or SUDT? If the recommendation is SUDT then I would stick with that as I'm not sure of other cheaper fluids that meet that spec, my 5240 uses SUDT.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #3  
Do they recommend UDT or SUDT? If the recommendation is SUDT then I would stick with that as I'm not sure of other cheaper fluids that meet that spec, my 5240 uses SUDT.

What is the spec?

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #4  
What is the spec?

Kubota Super UDT Specs.

TYPICAL PROPERTIES
Super UDT Fluid
Specific Gravity @ -15.6°
Viscosity @ 25° C, cSt
Viscosity @ 100° C, cSt
Viscosity @ 40° C, cSt
Viscosity Index
Pour Point, °C max
Zinc, wt.%
Product
Part Number
Container
Super UDT Fluid
70000-40100
12/1 Quart

70000-40101
4/1 Gallon

70000-40102
2/2.5 Gallon

70000-40105
5 Gallon Pail

70000-40155
55 Gallon Drum

/ What hydraulic oil do you use?
They recommend either UDT or SUDT. But a little checking, you use SUDT in the HST machines, and the gear ones like I have use UDT.

Because of the cost of UDT at the dealer, I need something UDT comparable. That's the problem they don't tell you online....have to go to the store and read the labels. That takes gas/time etc. That's why the post.

I'll ask another way.

What hydraulic oil do you use that is Kubota UDT compatible, instead of the expensive stuff at the dealer.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #6  
Kubota Super UDT Specs.

TYPICAL
Super UDT Fluid
Specific Gravity @ -15.6°
Viscosity @ 25° C, cSt
Viscosity @ 100° C, cSt
Viscosity @ 40° C, cSt
Viscosity Index
Pour Point, °C max
Zinc, wt.%
Product
Part Number
Container
Super UDT Fluid
70000-40100
12/1 Quart

70000-40101
4/1 Gallon

70000-40102
2/2.5 Gallon

70000-40105
5 Gallon Pail

70000-40155
55 Gallon Drum

These are PROPERTIES not specs. I guess the easier way would be to match MSDS specs.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #7  
Looks like Mobilefluid 424 might work
Mobilfluid 424 meets or exceeds the requirements of the following industry and builder specifications:
Kubota UDT X

strange- this fluid is not recommended for hypoid gear use

Also found that JD HY-Gard is also listed as a service rated oil for UDT and SUDT probably more $$ than the Kubota oil

I have been using this O reillys Premium tractor (74209) 5 gallon fluid @$53. for my Ford and Rhino and it also lists the Kubota UDT mowing and Oreilys oil 015.JPG mowing and Oreilys oil 013.JPG not going to pass the SUDT requirements though

Last edited:
   / What hydraulic oil do you use? #8  
tractor supply at $40 / 5 gal has this that they say is UDT compatible in Kubota tractors
Traveller® Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid, 5 gal. - Tractor Supply Co.

would require the all to common leap of faith though that you believe all marketing material / all info posted on the inter-web. (lol)

I use it in my B2620 for snow blowing and at -20 it is still easily pourable. Seems to cause no trouble in my Kubota with no HST wine or problems that I can tell. And at the price changing out every few 100 hours is not a pain on the pocketbook.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #9  
I want to replace the hydraulic oil in a recently purchased M7040.
The local Kubota dealer quoted me $99.99 for 5 gal Kubota UDT. THAT ain't going to happen.

Checking around, price varies a great deal....and I they don't give you the details of what the label says and whether it's up to UDT specs. The other specs vary as to the type of spec it is, making it difficult to compare brands.

SO....what's everyone using. This tractor btw does not require or need SUDT.
Just my take,I live in a cold climate and use Super UDT in my Kubota RTV 900.I know it,s expensive but IMHO if you live where it,s cold climate the Super UDT is worth it.

/ What hydraulic oil do you use? #10  
I use the traveller stuff at tsc. Universal tractor transmission fluid. Meets kubota UDT specs.