List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First !

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #11  
JD 50x5 Series:
1. More under-armor to protect FEL hydraulic connections, PTO cables, wires, hydro lines, hydo filter, etc...
a. Or relocate FEL hydro connection so they are not hanging down under, Vulnerable spot!
2. THe FEL control stick "Stand" is located and/or angled to far forward and blocks access to getting on the tractor from the right side, without dancing and sucking in my gut (hey! what gut?!). Maybe this isn't a problem in India where they built it. They could of easy angled it straighter up or moved it back and formed the actual control stick coming out of it to be in the same location as it is now.
3. Not so much a design flaw, but in the "come on, how much would that of cost!" department:
a. Horn would be nice.
b. How much extra would sliding 3 point extension arms of costed?
c. A 4WD is "engaged" light. ( Trade if for the PTO indication light. Come on! I can see or hear that!")

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #12  
(5) Cup holder. So shallow even a sealed coffee travel mug flips out and onto the floor at the smallest bump. I've tried 3 different coffee travel mugs with different bottoms and none stay put.

That must be a universal problem because my JD 2720 has the same issue. I've had several water bottles just bounce out onto the ground.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #13  
The three biggest issues I had with the Kubota Grand L cabbed models we had were.

- Terrible seat
- Aweful exhaust. Would put soot all over the FEL arms
- The absolute worst was no intermittent or delay wipers. I would have to constantly be reaching up to turn them on or off.

I recretified all these issues but I'll show you how I got around the wiper issue.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #14  
Have you guys heard of "first world problems"? :)

None of my three tractors have cabs, suspension seats, heaters or cup holders.

Nor did any of the tractors I ran when growing up on the farm.

I'm just glad I have electric start...:p

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #15  
42 Ford 2N First gear is way too high!
52 Ford 8N Reverse gear s WAY, WAY too high!

Can someone talk to them about this?
;)

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #16  
My Kubota B26 came with a horn button, but no horn (imagine that) so I just mounted an automobile horn in front of the radiator and wired it into the button. Works good. Seems that a TLB would come with complete shielding underneath from sticks but it only has partial and not any around the filters.
The windshield wiper switch on my LS is up and behind the driver seat to the right. Liked to have never found it when I first got it and the book was no help showing it either. Several of the control switches are behind the driver which is a bad(super bad) location. The tilt steering wheel doesn't tilt enough to be of use. Have to tilt it all the way down to even be able to reach it, I suppose it would be ok for stand up driving, but since you cant stand up in the cab, it is pretty useless.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #17  
42 Ford 2N First gear is way too high!
52 Ford 8N Reverse gear s WAY, WAY too high!

Can someone talk to them about this?
;)

I will check with "Henry" for you on this one!:)

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #18  
The muffler on my 5105 sits right above the injectors and unless you have the right kind of wrench you can't crack the lines to bleed them. This only happenened once and I had to call the dealer to send someone out, they had the tractor running in 5 minutes. The battery hold down doesn't hold down very well. The fuel gauge sending unit is vulnerable to damage when cutting heavy brush. mine got slammed by something and is dripping very slowly. Got a new sender but haven't had time to replace it yet. I don't like the sway turnbuckles Deere uses on their tractors. I have a 3005 that has roll pins to adjust the turnbuckle , they are metric and they rust and break off leaving sharp edges., it pays to wear leather gloves. The 5105 has to have a wrench to turn the turnbuckle and of course I don't have a toolbox mounted on either, but I'll get to it!:laughing:

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #19  
I didnt like the turn buckle antisway system on my 3005 either. I pulled off the outter plate and found that a standard antisway bar from the ol mf135 would fit if shortened and bent slightly. Turn buckle parts that wouldnt come off by hand are now stored on the shelf in the barn.

Wish I had a place for a tool box and the box to go in that place...

Operator station is cramped, even for me, and I'm only 5'7" and 140#. No 6'4" 300# operators are gonna like it... however, its layed out well and easy to work.

I'm gonna make a 'diff-lock' lock to keep it in all the time when I want it. Backing over banks then hittin the brakes to hold while shifting to forward and wanting diff lock... often if a tire slips its too late. Diff needs to be in before it slips on steep banks.

Otherwise... at 70+ hours now I'm happy with ky lil 3005. It will make a good little brother to a bigger tractor in a few years.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #20  
Kubota BX:
1) HST fan. The Achilles' heal of the entire line.
2) 15 amp dyno (older units) instead of an alternator that could run some more lights.