Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    LD1
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

Default Re: List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First !

About the only comfortable seat I have had on a tractor is the one on my 5500TLB. No suspension, but LOTS of padding. And suspension isnt really needed on a 18,000# slow moving machine. And it has 20" fronts, so that helps too, but is VERY smooth to operate, even on bumpy ground.
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."

Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Tractor
    Yanmar EF453

Yanmar EF453

The tractor has had light use (about 150 hours in four years) and the only design issues that spring to mind are:

A) indicator lights on mud guards vulnerable - I've broken 2 off slashing around trees and bush

B) fuel tank behind seats make it difficult to access hydraulic controls from back of the tractor

C) no tool box

Otherwise first rate tractor

Tractor

I have a couple old Zetors. I have serious issues with them. They are too heavy too balanced and pull too well. The transmissions are too simple. Seats are worn, paint is faded. hydralics all over the thing with too much capacity.
    Drink holder and lunch box holder is the fender well and inside tool box. The only music is valves tapping. I should trade for a light weight pretty tractor for my front yard.

Tractor
    John Deere 750 CUT, Pasquali 986 AWD, Farmall F14

Quote Originally Posted by rdbigfarmboy View Post
    I have a couple old Zetors. I have serious issues with them. They are too heavy too balanced and pull too well. The transmissions are too simple. Seats are worn, paint is faded. hydralics all over the thing with too much capacity.
    Drink holder and lunch box holder is the fender well and inside tool box. The only music is valves tapping. I should trade for a light weight pretty tractor for my front yard.

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

No heated seat, missing keyless entry, would love auto climate control and laser guided cruise.

Aside from those features it would have been nice to have the dome light come on when you open the door.

Tractor
    JD 5055E

Quote Originally Posted by CobyRupert View Post
    JD 50x5 Series:
    1. More under-armor to protect FEL hydraulic connections, PTO cables, wires, hydro lines, hydo filter, etc...
    a. Or relocate FEL hydro connection so they are not hanging down under, Vulnerable spot!
    2. THe FEL control stick "Stand" is located and/or angled to far forward and blocks access to getting on the tractor from the right side, without dancing and sucking in my gut (hey! what gut?!). Maybe this isn't a problem in India where they built it. They could of easy angled it straighter up or moved it back and formed the actual control stick coming out of it to be in the same location as it is now.
    3. Not so much a design flaw, but in the "come on, how much would that of cost!" department:
    a. Horn would be nice.
    b. How much extra would sliding 3 point extension arms of costed?
    c. A 4WD is "engaged" light. ( Trade if for the PTO indication light. Come on! I can see or hear that!")
    i agree with 1and definitely 2

Quote Originally Posted by RedNeckRacin View Post
    I will chime in about the suspension seat on my E. I'm pushing 220 and I regularly bottom it out and use my kidneys to stop the descent. I have never operated a tractor with an air seat and really didn't feel I needed to spend 800 dollars for the upgrade. Maybe I should have? The old 4020 has plenty of adjustment that I can't even bounce hard enough on the seat to bottom it out.
    i am a little more 230 or so haven't yet bottomed out the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by fieldman12 View Post
    My list

John deere 5055E

1. key switch is too low- I have to bend way down to find the hole to put the key in.

2. Seems like reverse is way too fast for bush hogging when backing up with 9x3 transmission.

3. boots that goes over shifter levers is way to cheap made.

4. There is no easy way to get on the tractor from left side but in there defense most tractors have this issue.

5. No four wheel drive light when engaged I do not like.

6. No rear work light from factory (This I just could not believe)

7. No drink holder

8. I wish there was more area enclosed by feet like my New Holland.

9. Plastic hood seems like it should be a little better braced especially when opening it.

Other than that I really love the tractor.
    4 do you mean RIGHT??

live PTO, just not used to it

Tractor
    JD 5055E

Quote Originally Posted by CobyRupert View Post
    JD 50x5 Series:
    1. More under-armor to protect FEL hydraulic connections, PTO cables, wires, hydro lines, hydo filter, etc...
    a. Or relocate FEL hydro connection so they are not hanging down under, Vulnerable spot!
    2. THe FEL control stick "Stand" is located and/or angled to far forward and blocks access to getting on the tractor from the right side, without dancing and sucking in my gut (hey! what gut?!). Maybe this isn't a problem in India where they built it. They could of easy angled it straighter up or moved it back and formed the actual control stick coming out of it to be in the same location as it is now.
    3. Not so much a design flaw, but in the "come on, how much would that of cost!" department:
    a. Horn would be nice.
    b. How much extra would sliding 3 point extension arms of costed?
    c. A 4WD is "engaged" light. ( Trade if for the PTO indication light. Come on! I can see or hear that!")
    i agree with 1and definitely 2

Quote Originally Posted by RedNeckRacin View Post
    I will chime in about the suspension seat on my E. I'm pushing 220 and I regularly bottom it out and use my kidneys to stop the descent. I have never operated a tractor with an air seat and really didn't feel I needed to spend 800 dollars for the upgrade. Maybe I should have? The old 4020 has plenty of adjustment that I can't even bounce hard enough on the seat to bottom it out.
    i am a little more 230 or so haven't yet bottomed out the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by fieldman12 View Post
    My list

John deere 5055E

1. key switch is too low- I have to bend way down to find the hole to put the key in.

2. Seems like reverse is way too fast for bush hogging when backing up with 9x3 transmission.

3. boots that goes over shifter levers is way to cheap made.

4. There is no easy way to get on the tractor from left side but in there defense most tractors have this issue.

5. No four wheel drive light when engaged I do not like.

6. No rear work light from factory (This I just could not believe)

7. No drink holder

8. I wish there was more area enclosed by feet like my New Holland.

9. Plastic hood seems like it should be a little better braced especially when opening it.

Other than that I really love the tractor.
    4 do you mean RIGHT??

live PTO, just not used to it

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

The Black seat has got to go.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Massey 1648 Cab

On mine, the tiny plastic petcock mounted in the open for draining coolant was a poor choice. First thought, wow they really are trying to make maint easy. Not long later, wow that branch I just backed over clipped the drain (sheared it off) and now I am losing coolant rapidly.

Even the engineer knew it was a bad choice, as they added a little metal plate to protect it. Too bad it only was good for a frontal assault.

Tractor
    Kubota B2320

The only flaw in my kubota B2320 is the lack of a "Warning, fold your ROPS down before pulling into the garage, you idiot!" alarm.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast