List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First !

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #71  
MF2605

Really only a few minor issues, so far:
1. Ignition switch is hard to see while seated; so its a little hard to insert key. I always remove it when finished as don't want Grand Children to get hurt.

2. Hood is hard to start to raise due to the weight. On the + side, its made of metal.

3. After U kill the engine, have to remember to turn off the key. U kill it like the older diesels by pulling out the kill leaver but on the old tractors, that I am familiar with, the key is only used to start the engine and then release it. So u don't have worry about turning the key of off.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #72  
Why don't you fellas, use that space as a base to mount and adjustable cup/bottle holder like you get at the autoparts store on. Just a single flat head screw down thru the center of the plastic should do it. Or something like that. They you would be all set for any size container.:thumbsup:

I plan to, just haven't had the chance to yet.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #73  
LS R4047 hydro (NH Boomer 50 or Case Farmall 50B)...

- Operators Station: wish I could stretch it lengthwise about 2-3 inches for more leg room and better ingress/egress.

- Tilt wheel: it uses a hand lever and tilts just the wheel. I prefer the style on the Kioti DK or Kubota Grand L better ... foot lever that moves the whole column.

- Parking Brake lever: it's too big and in a bad place (under the seat by your left foot). My Kioti had a small lever on the column which I preferred.

- Wish they'd have widened the rear fenders out another 4-6" on both sides to make more room for interior storage.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #74  
For someone looking at used 2003 NH TC40's, here are some things to look for:

The pins for the FEL bucket in those years have no bushings. The pins are harder than the holes they pass through, so that is where the wear happens. There is no-off-the-rack repair for this and they can get pretty sloppy. The fix would be line boring the various holes for a sleeve and bushing.

My FEL bucket has split open on each side, at the front corner where the bottom and side of the bucket meet. This is a welded joint from the factory. It's easy to re-weld or reinforce.

I found the weak spot on the 758C backhoe this fall. The last 10" or so of the rear-end of the sub-frame is not boxed C-channel like the rest of the sub-frame. This 10" is where the hoe itself is attached to the sub-frame with bolts that pass through spacers welded to the single thickness C-channel sub-frame. This area gets a lot of stress, up and down, and side to side around those welded spacers. The metal fatigues eventually and develops cracks.

My backhoe has done some serious rock and stump digging over 10 years, this is a problem that may never show up with lighter use. My FEL has been well used also with some heavy rocks and trees. Again, with lighter use it may never be an issue.

These TC's are hard working little machines. With a backhoe mounted, it has 1700 lbs. of added traction and ballast for FEL work. The combination of power and traction can wear out the FEL over time in heavy use. Haven't had any motor, power train (gear) or electrical issues in 1900 hours. If I had to hire someone to do all that the tractor has done, it would have easily cost much more than the tractor. So, I got what I paid for. :laughing:

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #75  
The stock overhead cab lights suck(I replaced them with LED,s)I hit my head on the outside mirrors when getting out of the cab.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #76  
TYM 330. Headlamps are weak and placed too low. When FEL is attached they shine on the bucket instead the road. Radiator filter is impossible to clean when FEL is on the tractor. Hydraulic filter is hard to access and remove. The FEL was never off the tractor so the pins (after more than 700 hours) have some slop now. Don't know if there are bushings in the eyes yet. So far I am quite happy with the machine.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #77  
CK27 hst

The mirrors are way too low, I hit them with my head when outside the tractor.
Pee poor puny tool box and no place to put a bigger one.
4 WD light don't work.
Parking brake about as useful as **** on a bull.
No ashtray.

Other than that, I have no complaints. 110 hours so far.

/ List Some Design Flaws On Your Tractor.....Me First ! #78  
CK27 hst

The mirrors are way too low, I hit them with my head when outside the tractor.
Pee poor puny tool box and no place to put a bigger one.
4 WD light don't work.
Parking brake about as useful as **** on a bull.
No ashtray.

Other than that, I have no complaints. 110 hours so far.

I don't think my ck 30 had a 4WD light, that could be you problem right there. The CK's use the same dash as the DK's but not all the indicator lights are used.