Tires Easy way to drain tires?

/ Easy way to drain tires? #1  

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 850 & 4310
Just wondering if there was an easy way to drain all of the fluid out of the rear tires (15x19.5 R-4's) without taking the wheels off of the tractor and breaking the bead, etc.

Thanks

/ Easy way to drain tires? #2  
Just wondering if there was an easy way to drain all of the fluid out of the rear tires (15x19.5 R-4's) without taking the wheels off of the tractor and breaking the bead, etc.

Thanks

What's in them?

/ Easy way to drain tires? #3  
If there is one, i sure haven't found it! Maybe some sort of vacuum to a tiny hose inserted in the valve stem? Might work, but would be slooooow. Why do you need to drain them? (just curious)

/ Easy way to drain tires? #4  
Other than drilling holes in the tires, no magic I can think of. Take it to a tire shop, life is short

/ Easy way to drain tires? #5  
Jack rear wheel up turn valve stem to 12 O'clock remove large valve core then attach liquid filler adapter with hose then aim hose in 55 gallon barrel then rotate valve stem to 6 O'clock,lower wheel. To get 100% liquid out you'll have to pump out what gravity doesn't get out and there will be some liquid that will require pumping even if tube is removed from wheel.

/ Easy way to drain tires? #6  
Jack rear wheel up turn valve stem to 12 O'clock remove large valve core then attach liquid filler adapter with hose then aim hose in 55 gallon barrel then rotate valve stem to 6 O'clock,lower wheel. To get 100% liquid out you'll have to pump out what gravity doesn't get out.

Jum,
I can see getting most of the liquid out by removing the core as you mentioned but not "all" of it. Really, breaking down the tire is the easy solution imo.

/ Easy way to drain tires?
They are not tubed and are just filled with water. I have to either empty or add some antifreeze to them now that the tractor is back up here (Indiana).

Last night I drained the majority of the water through the valve stem but I couldnt get what was below the stem.

I have thought about using a small tube to siphon most of it out and have kicked around the idea of drilling a hole. These tires arent in the best shape anyway and I could probably just drill through one of the repair plugs that are in it already. Anyone tried that route?

I have also never fooled around with taking the valve stem off the rim and I'm not sure how those are put together. These are metal. If I unscrew them is there something that will fall back inside the tire?

/ Easy way to drain tires? #8  
Jum,
I can see getting most of the liquid out by removing the core as you mentioned but not "all" of it. Really, breaking down the tire is the easy solution imo.

Good luck trying to remove tube and getting ALL the liquid out without the aid of a pump. BTDT or tried to do it.

/ Easy way to drain tires? #9  
1st photo is the center that screws out of the part that fits in the rim. 2nd photo is complete tubeless valve stem.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 791
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 214
   / Easy way to drain tires? #10  
They are not tubed and are just filled with water. I have to either empty or add some antifreeze to them now that the tractor is back up here (Indiana).

Last night I drained the majority of the water through the valve stem but I couldnt get what was below the stem.

I have thought about using a small tube to siphon most of it out and have kicked around the idea of drilling a hole. These tires arent in the best shape anyway and I could probably just drill through one of the repair plugs that are in it already. Anyone tried that route?

I have also never fooled around with taking the valve stem off the rim and I'm not sure how those are put together. These are metal. If I unscrew them is there something that will fall back inside the tire?
To get the last out find a piece of tubing that fits pretty close in the valve and will extend all the way to the tire. Blow some air in thru the tube and then let water escape. Repeat.
larry